x

Is there a way to adjust quantity on a saved open ticket?

I'm curious if there is a way to adjust the quantity if I open a ticket that was previously saved.  Case in point...  a customer spends several hours sitting at the bar drinking "several" of the same brand of beer.  I would think I would be able to open his ticket and tap the item on his ticket to be repeated or to adjust the quantity plus 1 for every beer he orders.  It appears that you have to find the item again and add the item again to the open ticket.  A repeat item button would be helpful or the ability to adjust quantities later once the open ticket is saved.  I've had this feature on other POS systems.  Is it not available with Square POS or Register, or have I missed something?

Message 1 of 25
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to adjust quantity on a saved open ticket?

Any update?  It has been over a year since you stated you were going to pass this idea along.

24 REPLIES 24
Beta Member

Any update?  It has been over a year since you stated you were going to pass this idea along.

Message 22 of 25

When I add an item to an open ticket then save the ticket and return to the ticket to increase that item Square only lets me add the item again instead of simply increase the quantity of the already existing item.  Can this be fixed?  This makes no sense

Message 23 of 25
Admin

Hey @The_Good_Life!

I merged your post with a thread that refers to this feature request so you can track our progress on it and look out for updates. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 24 of 25

I also own a bar and restaurant - this feature seems like a very simple fix, not one that should take over 2 years to address! (thread started on 02-24-2019).  Square have obviously had plenty of time to fix this.  Can someone please let me know what the outcome is, as we are not able to increase the quantities after the item has been added to the ticket. This is extremely time consuming for our bar staff. Thank you!

Message 25 of 25