x

Multiple Owner permissions

My account has basic permissions: team (4 employees), and owner. There are 2 owners. Is there a way to have 2 separate people/logins with OWNER permissions? System seems to only allow one of us to have owner (all access). any workaround other than the unnecessary monthly fees? thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Business with more than one owner

Hi there, @VS2021 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community!

Goldeneye is right on this one. As of now, we tie each individual Square account to a sole owner for security and regulatory purposes. While this is definitely not the first time that this kind of request has been shared with us, you can set up specific custom permissions sets to give your co-owner the same full access that you have.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Pokeman2152

Welcome to the Community! 

Right now, you can only have 1 account owner on your Point of Sale account. You can give them all of the permissions, but some are left for only the account owner. 

This would be a Feature Request for our Product Team and I will tag it for them. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Our business has 2 equal owners/partners.  I set the account up so everything shown under "owner" is in my name, including at the POS.  It doesn't seem right that I don't have the option to add in my partner as a full owner as well (I understand that you can choose access to features and assign passcodes but they aren't a "manager"  and should also have full access to transfers, deposits, and all register functions). Is there a way to add in a second owner?  We can't be the only small business that isn't a sole proprietor.   

Message 3 of 5

HI, have you can try with Custom Permission Sets.

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5822-employee-permissions

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @VS2021 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community!

Goldeneye is right on this one. As of now, we tie each individual Square account to a sole owner for security and regulatory purposes. While this is definitely not the first time that this kind of request has been shared with us, you can set up specific custom permissions sets to give your co-owner the same full access that you have.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5