x
Beta Member

Pickup language

Is there any plan in the works from Square to have an option to change the pickup terminology? For a while, we were serving chilled dinners for folks to heat at home and the language around pickup was fine for us. 

Now that we are once again serving hot food, the language is working against us. Guests see "pickup after [TIME]" not "pickup at [TIME]". This causes guests to think they can show up anytime after the time shown and expect to be handed hot food right away. Obviously it does not work that way and we often have to remake orders, which backs us up and causes other guests to receive their food later than scheduled. 

Is there a plan to have an option to change this? The current language is not working for us. We need to be able to be clear with people.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @curryblossom

Welcome to the Community!

Right now, there isn't a plan to make that terminology changeable. I can mark this as a Feature Request for our Product Team to get some eyes on it. 

I appreciate you reaching out with this feedback on our system. It gives us some insight on the needs of our sellers. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

YES!!! I want this to change to ' Pickup AT 12:30PM' since I'm selling food and it matters when people arrive late and their food isn't as fresh as it could be. Even though I email folks to come at the time in their email, most folks miss it.  

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

We're still frustrated with this too! 

We've had some luck using the workflow that allows you to mark orders as "ready" before complete. That sends a text that lets people know their food is ready. Many still don't arrive on time, but at least that way we're trying to alert them! 

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Yes, this is a major problem!  People want to know exactly when their order will be ready.  If a customer chooses 1pm as a pickup time, but it says on their confirmation "After 1pm" it does NOT sound like the order will be ready at 1.  Especially since our restaurant is open until 8. When is the order actually going to be ready after 1pm?  2?  3?  3:15?  Do you see the problem??

This language completely negates the purpose of allowing someone to choose a pickup time!  It creates a lack of trust on the part of the customer and results is unnecessary customer emails and phone calls and confusion. 

It's a bad customer experience.  Change the language!!!!!

Message 6 of 6