x

REQ: Inventory tracking pools for locations and items

I would like to ask for your developers to consider adding in the ability to have inventory tracking pools for both locations and items.

For example, usually all the physical goods come from a single supply (the warehouse) even though they are listed/sold under multiple locations.  I need the tracking so that we don't sell an item that is out of stock, no matter the store location.  With inventory tracking enabled, each location has different amounts for the remaining stock of an item.  This causes the available stock numbers to get out of sync.  Everytime a sale is made in one location, I have to manually update the tracking in the other locations.

REQ: I would like to be able to have a location be the "primary" and then set any number of other locations as "secondary" that uses the stock availability from the primary.

Similar to that, I would like to be able to pool together the inventory of items within a location (although between locations for only specific items would be nice too).

Let's say I have a single item that has multiple price points.  When using the inventory tracking, it tracks the items at each price instead of tracking the overall count of that item.  A good example would be ticket sales to an event with different prices for adults, children, seniors, etc.

REQ: I would like to be able to combine the tracking of specific items as a single tracking number.  Using the last example, I would like to track the total number of tickets available for the event no matter the price point. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

@NLAUtah - Welcome to the Seller Community and kudos on your first post. To get going, I want to say thanks for sharing such detailed feedback! It sounds like this improve would be very helpful, especially for those larger sellers on our platform. I'll be sure to share this post with our product liaison team. I'll also be sure to update this thread in the future if any progress is made. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2