x

Requiring less than 100% of booked services when requiring prepayment for an appointment?

When requiring Prepayment for a customer to schedule an appointment for services in Square, is it possible to only require 50% of the total instead of a full prepayment?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @AcePhoto, thanks for checking in.

At this time, the ability to request a percentage of the service as prepayment is not available with Square Appointments. For now, you can accept a prepayment in full or at a fixed price. So that I can share some more insight with our Appointments Team, can you reply with more information on why a percentage prepayment is ideal for your business? We're always iterating based on seller feedback.

For more general information, have a look at this section of our Support Center: Customer Prepayment for Square Appointments.

Please keep in touch for you updates and don't hesitate to let us know if any other questions come up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

I want to require clients to make a booking deposit in order to schedule a service.  Is that a function in Square scheduling?  If so, can I customize it per service.  i.e. - different amounts for different services?

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

@THarry

You might be interested in the Customer Prepayment feature which requires your clients to pay a fixed portion of their service upon booking. 

Check out this thread to how to set this up! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I would like to require clients to make a booking deposit in order to schedule a service. This needs to be a feature that can vary per service.

Message 5 of 5