x

Sales report to Customer

Is there an easy way to provide a sales report to a customer?  This would be a great enhancement. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for surfacing this, @bmullie.

Interesting question—we don't currently offer an automated sales report directed to a buyer. So that I can share more details with our Customer Engagement team, what kind of information would you like this report include (e.g. recent purchase history, etc.)?

If you do need to view a specific customer's payment history, you can do so from the online Square Dashboard > Directory > select customer > Activity. I realize this isn't exactly what you've asked for, but wanted to make sure you had access to this information.

Appreciate your patience as we are actively making improvements based on seller feedback. Please let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for surfacing this, @bmullie.

Interesting question—we don't currently offer an automated sales report directed to a buyer. So that I can share more details with our Customer Engagement team, what kind of information would you like this report include (e.g. recent purchase history, etc.)?

If you do need to view a specific customer's payment history, you can do so from the online Square Dashboard > Directory > select customer > Activity. I realize this isn't exactly what you've asked for, but wanted to make sure you had access to this information.

Appreciate your patience as we are actively making improvements based on seller feedback. Please let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 5

Was just wondering if there was any more enhancements to the Sales Report.  It would be nice to show customers their invoice amounts and dates paid or if outstanding.  

I like to send out a sales report to each customer at the end of the year for their tax records.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for checking back in on this, @bmullie. I went to look for any buyer-facing enhancements related to their sales, but there aren't any developments that I can access and share out right now.

That being said, I will make sure that your post is documented with our Customer Engagement team and point out why more invoice visibility is important for your business. For now, the closest workaround that I can suggest is to set a reminder for your customers who have outstanding payments. More details here: Configure Your Invoice Settings.

Please keep in touch and let us know if any other questions remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 5

Thank you Tom. I was able to do a workaround by downloading  a CSV YTD report, cutting/pasting each client separately, deleting the information that I did not need, totalling the amount in Excel and then converting to a PDF.   It would be nice to download a report and choose which client I wanted to pick.  I am suprised that this is not an option or that more people do not request this...especially with people that Invoice.   Thanks for your assistance.

Message 5 of 5