x

Shortcomings needing immediate fixing

At the risk of further damage from banging my head against what appears to be a Square brick wall, I shall politely ask, before finding a new payment service, why the following cannot be implemented immediately to fix glaring issues:

1.  A true SHIPPING COST field that is exclusive of line items and is not affected by taxes or discounts, unless desired

2. The ability to DELETE, not deactivate, locations. Situations change, and often these are created in desperate attempts to circumvent (unsuccessfully) Square shortcomings.  Or at least a HIDE PERMANENTLY button so they never appear in prompts.

3.  Allow us to FILTER BY CATEGORY the items for the dashboard invoicing, so we don't have to wade through hundreds of mixed-up items to find the one we want.

4. Add a post-sale completion TAG/MEMO field to online invoices for memos or other business we want to record that is related to the *sale* (and not the customer).

5. The ability to add multiple prices for an item.  Consider: seller has retail, small business and wholesale discount pricing for each item.  These are not always based on a simple 10% or 15% etc so need specific pricing.  Give the user the ability to create discount categories (retail, small business, wholesale e.g.) and populate those with the costs.  E.g.,

19" frame  [10.00]  [9.00]  [8.50] 

20" frame [11.00]  [9.25]  [8.00]

... then in invoicing, one filters by discount category to see the relevant prices for an item.  Note this differs from Variations because you don't have to enter 3 different items

19" frame  [10.00] 

19" frame  [9.00] 

19" frame  [8.50] 

.. plus all three (rightly) share the same SKU, so only one item shows up in the inventory item list, but with three possible prices and no more duplicate SKU errors.

C'mon.  These all seem reasonable, useful, sensible and helpful.  And aren't rocket science. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi again @luxcrafter

This is an excellent post with awesome details! I'm sorry it took a while for us to reply here, and thank you for putting all of this together. Our Product Teams could definitely use this insight and feedback around our existing products to make them better in the future. 

In regards to requests 2 and 4, those are not something that we're actively working on at the moment, but that doesn't mean that can't change. 

The other feature requests you bring up here are being tracked by our Product team already, and while I don't have a timeline for you, if any news or releases happen, we'll post updates in the Community. The discount categories is a pretty interesting feature request that makes a lot of sense. 

I really appreciate you taking the time to go into detail around what updates would help your business. Hopefully other sellers do this as well, as our Product and Insights team love these kinds of posts. 

Message 2 of 2