x
Beta Member

Square development suggestion

When adding new items to inventory, it would be fantastic if I didn't have to scroll to the bottom to hit the "Add new variations" button every time, and then also have to scroll to the bottom to add that new variation on the next screen. It would also be nice if the new items that are added then showed up at the top of the list of variations, so, again, we wouldn't have to scroll to the bottom, since we often have to go back and add more information for new items, but we have to again scroll to the bottom to get to it. 

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for pointing this out, @SmartyPantsJane. I can certainly see how making the layout "smarter" or more reactive to which variations you've recently interacted with would improve efficiency. I'll be sharing your post with our Point of Sale Team.

For now, you might find the bulk import tool to be helpful for eliminating some of the back-and-forth of adding a set of new items. More details available here: Import Items Online.

Hope this helps for now, and please don't hesitate to circle back with any other insight or feedback!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I agree with you about all of the unnecessary scrolling.

I'd also like to make the suggestion that we be allowed to clone items. It would be a big timesaver if we could copy an existing item that shares 95% of the same settings and only have to edit the differences.

Message 3 of 3