x
Beta Member

The Square Appointments Check Out process needs a makeover

This is regarding the Appointment Check Out process on the Appointment app for iPad.

The current "Review and Check Out" is slow and complicated for anyone providing a service and selling products in the same transaction. Here's why... Let's say that you're checking out an appointment and adding 4 products to the transaction, here's the current process: 

• Open the pop-over menu (☰)

• Tap Calendar

• Tap the specific appointment

• Tap "Review and Check Out"

• Tap "Add Item or Discount"

• Add the first product

• Add the second product

• Add the third product

• Add the fourth product

• Tap "Charge"

• Complete the payment

We'd like to remove the Calendar from the pop-over menu (☰), and make it the first tab at the bottom-left of the "Checkout" screen. Once you tap the Calendar tab, the entire area above the tab bar would show the calendar view that we're already used to. This makes the Calendar more accessible, and paves the way to a better Checkout experience.

With this placement of the calendar, the check out process would include:

• Tap the Calendar tab

• Tap the specific appointment

• Tap "Review and Check Out" (all services would appear in the right hand column [the "cart"])

• Scan as many items as you want without having to press any additional buttons, or add them to the "cart" via the other Tabs in the tab bar (just as you do now if you are selling products without checking out an Appointment).

• Tap "Charge"

• Complete the payment

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @BradSC, thanks for taking the time to lay this out. I don't have access into the timeline for Square Appointments updates, but I'll be sure to surface your post with the appropriate team members. I like how this illustrates an area where we can reduce a lot of back-and-forth.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up, and keep in touch!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I’d love to see some updates to this. Every single seller that uses Appointments and also sells products would benefit. 

Message 3 of 3