x

Update in Early October breaks the Customer Loyalty Program - Stars not earned by adding customer

LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY IN LATEST RELEASE:

Prior to the early October update, when we added a customer to the transaction via the ADD TO SALE button prior to check-out, the loyalty program would award the customer a star.

Now, if you add a customer to the sale, a star is not awarded unless the customer enters their phone number at the end of a sale.  

Why wouldn't the customer earn a star when Square knows who the customer is - because we used the ADD CUSTOMER option? What good is the ADD TO CUSTOMER FIELD?

We are a small town coffee shop and know many, many of our customers by name.

Add to Customer

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5
Square

@cupofcarver - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! It definitely sounds like this would be a great integration to add with our loyalty program! I'll be sure to share this thread with our product liaison team. Also, for more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this thread. It details the role that the Seller Community plays in brining new features to our products.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

You are missing the point Sean....it used to work - add customer to sale, receive a star.....Now it does not.  It would be a great feature to continue as it was.  Something changed on Square's end.  Really disappointed.  

Message 4 of 5
Square

@cupofcarver - Thanks for the clarification, and apologies that I wasn't more clear. When Square made the transition from our Loyalty program being connected to card/email addresses to phone numbers, the integration with directory no longer worked. You're not the first person to bring this up, and it is definitely something on our engineering team's radar. I'll be sure to let you know if anything changes with this functionality! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 5