x

can you add a label to multiple stored credit cards under one customer directory profile?

have several clients that own multiple locations of their business and want payments broken out to different stored credit cards that I have on file but I can't seem to label which credit card goes to which business location in the same directory profile. Is there a better way to set this up or perhaps a way to label multiple credit cards on file for 1 customer?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @evanlaz, welcome to the seller community!

Appreciate you bringing this up. I see what you mean—there isn't an area in the Cards on File section where you can leave a note that indicates a card's purpose. I'm going to share your post with our Customer Engagement team and point out that this would be very useful for clients that have multiple payment options.

For now, my best suggestion is to leave a quick note in the Notes section. For example, you could include the last four digits of the card and the location: "0000 - Business Location 1" and so on.

Hope this helps for now. Please keep in touch as we're actively making improvements based on seller feedback!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2