x
Admin

Are you selling online? Which website provider do you use? ๐Ÿ›’ ๐ŸŒ

Hey, everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹
For those of you selling online, which website provider do you use, and what do you like about it? Reply and let us know in the comments below! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144

https://www.shadowsinthedark.com/ is hosted by Aplus.net: Web Hosting & Domain Name Registration Services 

I have been using this company for over 20 years.

Message 43 of 145

I use Zen Cart for my website: https://www.shadowsinthedark.com/

I have been using Zen Cart since 2014. This one uses the MSQL Database to store your products.

Message 44 of 145

Nicole,

What do you think of Ecwid?   We use Ecwid for online orders and shipping from our gift shop.  The online sales intergrates with Square (gift shop POS)  but I just found out that sales tax does not transfer into the Square Sales reports, only the sales.  This is ridiculous!  

Message 45 of 145

I use Zen Cart. I have been using this platform since 2014. I can do B2B and B2C type set up with this platform.

https://www.shadowsinthedark.com

Message 46 of 145
Super Seller

I've been using a Wordpress/Woocommerce combo for going on 6 years.  Easy(ier) to build, abundance of themes and plugins to work off from.  Main reason for staying is I have so much of my own time (some money) invested that It's really not worth giving up for anything else. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 47 of 145

I use Big Cartel platform

Message 48 of 145

Never heard of Big Cartel platform. Are they easy to use with Square? Is the cost reasonable? What all do you like about them?

Message 49 of 145

I've been using Square's website (weebly). It was cost efficient and easier for me to integrate with Square. I have been wanting to expand to Etsy as I sell craft supplies, but need to look further to see if I'm capable of doing so. If anyone has a better suggestion of webpage to check out, I'll happily take suggestions. I'm struggling with getting online sales right now and not really understanding what I'm doing wrong.

Message 50 of 145

I also have my own domain, the platform is Wix and uses square for e-commerce. I love it! I couldn't take on building the site the way I wanted it on my own, so I hired a web designer via Fivver! It was a great decision! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 51 of 145
Super Seller

What is your URL?

Alex Jessey
Message 52 of 145
Super Seller

I use Weebly with Square.  It was so easy to set up and I love that I don't have to update inventory when I sell something online or in person.  It automatically adjusts.  I love that they're adding more options to help keep up with other online platforms as well.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 53 of 145
Beta Member

I do too and like it for the same reasons.

Message 54 of 145
Super Seller

I have two.  One is Wordpress with a WPEasy cart setup and the other is a Square Online site.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 55 of 145
Beta Member

I currently operate Noodle Cuts as a shop on Etsy but the fees are sucking us dry, including advertising fees.  Been comparing Square Online vs. Shopify and am "this close 99%" to using Square Online.  I'm looking for easier setup & integration to payments being made through Square and the Shopify costs are high.  Also, I don't want to spend hours working on an ecommerce and running late on order fulfilments.  A big learned curve for me but I'm up for it!

Message 56 of 145

Square is super easy to work with if you have inventory. You can download the square inventory setup and just add all your stock lists into that then upload it back to square. I love the simplicity. Only thing I have to do after adding my list of inventory is go back through on weebly and add pictures to the items and make them online noticeable. That's the only slow part of dealing with the inventory system.

Message 57 of 145

Add yourself to squaresbay.com there is no charge. You can also use square.com and SumUp.co.uk the later is much easier to design on than the former.

Bscho
Message 58 of 145

Google 

Message 59 of 145
Beta Member

I use square online with weebly. I love itโ€™s easy set up. I just wish it had more forms, page options etc. 

Message 60 of 145

I have a Shopify website, which works great.  I sell online and at local farmer's markets and pop-up markets.  However, Shopify's credit card reader is unreliable and I usually end up having to enter credit card information manually, which is a hassel and time-consuming.  So, I am going to try out Square's swiping credit card reader now.  I'm hoping it's easier to use and more reliable than the one I have from Shopify.

Message 61 of 145
Super Seller

What's your URL?

Alex Jessey
Message 62 of 145

Message 63 of 145