x
Super Seller

Retail furniture stores trends

Hello, just curious how other Retail furniture stores and decor are doing so far in 2024? I'm in Central Michigan and it has been our best winter season so far. I should also add its been warmest winter I can remember. We have been really selling a lot of home decor items as well! I started a couple of years ago adding more and decor to the store and it really does help. Not everyone needs a new kitchen table or couch, but they usually never leave empty handed. Just curious how others have been doing? Have a great day and an amazing 2024!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Great to hear that this has been your best winter season so far!

Tagging @Candlestore@TCSlaguna@homeprogreen@DLRosenberg, and @coteaucottage to weigh in too!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Thank you! 😊 like I said it's just been an odd winter for us and was curious if other retail furniture stores were experiencing the same thing?

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I added some small home decor items to the lineup in the shop over the last year or so and while they won’t pay the rent it’s been a nice little stream of additional revenue 

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

The additional decor really did help with my business as well. It dresses the store up, I can group different couches and chairs together with coffee tables and end tables with just dressing them up a bit. I've noticed a good 50% of my customers tend to buy the whole grouping. You are 💯 correct it doesn't pay the lease but it adds up fast! Good luck to you and have a great 2024.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

We had a really good February which made us happy.. glad to hear that you had a good winter season!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Curious what factors you think have positively impacted this?

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 7 of 7