x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @Machi! I love the Instagram photos you included. There’s a couple of items on your order page which don’t have images; it might be good to add images for those even though they’re just sides/salad.

Something else you could add is an “About Us” and “Contact Us” page. The former gives you a space to talk a bit about the business and tell people why they should get BBQ from you, and the later makes it easier for customers to contact your if they have questions.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 106 of 152

Thank you, very much appreciated!

I will take your suggestions forward.

Message 107 of 152

Message 108 of 152
Admin

Hello, @Tubbymedia! Super interesting to look through the website for your board game. A few things that I think you could do:

1. On your online ordering site, I would add a link back to your main website in your site navigation.
  2. Will you plan on selling other items aside from Convoy? Just curious why the site is for Tubby Media vs Convoy specifically.
  3. Do you have any videos of people playing convoy? The pictures are great, and I was just imagining some videos showing people having fun while playing.
Adam
Message 109 of 152

www.sweethearttablet.co.uk

Hi Adam,

Overall feedback would be appreciated, just starting out here 😀

Message 110 of 152

Your website looks great. Seems we are in similar position - starting out ! How is it going for you? Any feedback would be helpful as I am looking to take square to the next level (as now just using Point of Sale provision) Best wishes on your venture.  

Message 111 of 152
Square Community Moderator

Delicious looking chocolate you have there, @SweetNic I have a friend that makes chocolate here in the US, and I know a lot of time and work goes into the craft.

Since you are just getting started I'm sure there's more you are wanting to add to the site. I recommend adding some more images to your home page by using the Featured Items or Featured Category sections.

It also may be useful to change the store template to the Order Online option since you offer Shipping, Pickup, and Delivery fulfillment options. 🙂

Message 112 of 152

My plastic-free shop - https://www.earthrefresh.co.uk/

Thank you!

Message 113 of 152

Love your concept. Best wishes

Message 114 of 152
Square Community Moderator

I love this concept, and especially your logo @Earthrefresh 😊 I do feel the logo gets a little lost in the footer on the home page since the sections above the footer are all the same color.

Perhaps you can add a section with just a background image to break up the sections between the footer and the newsletter form. You can do this by adding a section, then turning off the toggle so that only the background image remains. You could also just change the color for one of the sections already on the site by clicking on the section, then editing the background from the panel on the left.

Message 115 of 152

https://natureboyorganics.co.uk  We are new to online selling -Organic Bio Fertilizers. We really appreciate this site for any helpful insight, assistance or tips. From a virgin social media / online platform business viewpoint!!!!!!

Message 116 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @natureboy! Here are a couple suggestions for your site:

1. You have really consistent branding across the site and between your main site and online ordering page. Have you thought about using something like shop.natureboyorganics.co.uk as the address of your online store?
  2. Do you get a lot of common questions from customers? This may be because I’m not at all familiar with using alternatives to fertilizers, but a FAQ page seems like it could be helpful.
Adam
Message 117 of 152
Beta Member

Message 118 of 152
Admin

Hi, @thedrapersshop! I really like the inclusion of a blog so you can include more about the heritage behind some of the items. It would be cool to see more posts that help tie in how the shop is part of the Dunollie Museum.

Another thing you could consider adding is the Instagram section to pull in your Instagram posts onto the site.

Adam
Message 119 of 152
Beta Member

Hi Adam, 

Thank-you so much, this is really helpful! I have managed to find the Instagram feature!

Message 120 of 152

Hi @thedrapersshop - I love your blog feature too!  I didn't seem to be able to add more than one photo followed by text for my stories so ended up making a different page for my news, which just seems clunky.  How do you include additional photos and text in your individual stories please?  Elaine

Message 121 of 152
Beta Member

Hi there!

Apologies for the late reply, on the edit site, there is a button on the left side that says add stories once the add stories are created there will be more options to add more sections to the page such a videos, photos, etc. 

Message 122 of 152

Fantastic, thank you!  Elaine 😊

Message 123 of 152

coocooandcompany.co.uk

Message 124 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @CooCooandCo! Your site looks really nice and has all the content I’d be looking for, including your Instagram feed. 

Would you be comfortable adding images showing the process of creation? That might be something interesting to add to your site.

Adam
Message 125 of 152
Beta Member

Message 126 of 152