x
Admin

Get Expert Feedback on your Square Online Store

Hello Seller Community 👋!

Do you have any burning questions about your online store? Are you unsure what to do next, or if you’re doing everything right? Or just looking for some overall feedback?

From 30th September, @AdamB, who is the Seller Community Manager for Square Online and product expert will join us to take a look at your online store, let you know what’s working, what isn’t, and what you can do to take it to the next level! 📈  ⤴️

How it works

Hit reply on this thread and share the website address of your store. We’ll be reviewing sites from 30th September so make sure to share your sites before 30th September to get advice and tips you can use to up your game!

Share your site below!

Edit: Due to the number of responses, we've also brought in fellow Square Online expert and Community Moderator @BernadetteA!

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 152
Report Inappropriate Content
151 REPLIES 151
Admin

Also, just so you are aware Facebook and Instagram had a big outage yesterday which would have made any integrations display and act strangely. It should be much better now, though!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 85 of 152
Admin

Hello, @TheWildSage! You’ve done a nice job tying the look of the site to your branding. A couple things you could add to the site:

1. Customer reviews - these can be very persuasive in a clinic situation. Including reviews from people who were helped by your services goes a long way toward helping someone see that they can also be helped.
  2. Including the Instagram section on your home page - this will add some dynamic content to your homepage which changes anytime you make a post on Instagram.
Adam
Message 86 of 152

Thanks @AdamB i Always had trouble syncing Instagram which I did initially want but photos never appeared - only text.  I will try again by taking it off and adding again as suggested earlier because like you, I think this would help.

just getting enough clients now to ask for reviews so will certainly start asking.  

thanks!

Message 87 of 152

I love Square - I've built 2 e-commerce sites that are getting sales and I'm currently building a 3rd but it isn't for e-commerce.

https://dellipops.square.site/

This is the first Square site I built and i have recently completely refreshed it and worked on the SEO. It's purpose is to capture engaged couples who are looking to get married in my local area and sell them my wedding products. It also has a design & print section that is not marketed but used by my existing small business customers. 

https://www.magickscape.co.uk/

My passion project - needs work on SEO and ?

https://anglesey-weddings.square.site/

this one is a work in progress and I would like to build a directory style site. 

Message 88 of 152
Admin

Three sites - wow! That’s great to see, @AMOrhard-Reid!

For the first site, have you considered getting a custom domain name? The site itself looks great - it would be even easier for customers to find and remember the site URL with a custom domain.

With your second site, you could add an “about us” page to talk holistically about what you offer. You could also add customer reviews, since I think that would be really helpful in convincing new customers.

Since your last site is a work in progress, I’m not sure what to advise just yet. I do think the image you have in your header may need to be a little more pale so you can read the text a little easier.

Adam
Message 89 of 152

Thanks Adam, I have a custom domain name dellipops.co.uk, I didn't purchase it through Square but I do have it set up to direct to my square site. 

Your right, I definitely need to add an about us to Magickscape - I need to get clear on what we do and why and explain it! I'm struggling because I don't really know!! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my sites, especially with the huge amount of responses this thread has had, I really appreciate it. 

Message 90 of 152
Beta Member

Message 91 of 152
Admin

Hi, @tr7skatepark! Really cool to see a big indoor park, as I’m sure anyone who has lived in an area with cold winters will agree!

Do you use social media with your business? I feel like that’d be a really beneficial way to promote your business, and with Instagram you can show those posts on your site with the Instagram section.

Adam
Message 92 of 152

Nervously types in: https://elliestreasures.square.site/    😁

This is a really kind gesture Square - thank you Adam for taking the time to chat about some of our sites - looking forward to learning some valuable new tips and ideas.

Elaine

Message 93 of 152
Admin

Don’t be nervous, @elliestreasures! Everyone has done a great job, and so have you!

Like many others who’ve shared their sites, I recommend adding the Instagram section to your homepage for some dynamic content. Something else that might be interesting to add are some in-progress images or process photos. It might be just me, but I always find it fascinating to see artists in the process of making their art.

Adam
Message 94 of 152

Thank you for having a look at my site - a good suggestion, will certainly look into it.  Thanks again! Elaine

Message 95 of 152
Square Champion

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 96 of 152
Square Champion

https://www.signature-home.co.uk 

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 97 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @signature_home!

I really like that you have TrustPilot reviews linked on your homepage - it’s transparent and builds trust with customers that you put reviews forward like that.

Have you thought about adding an “About Us” page to talk a little more in depth about the business?

Adam
Message 98 of 152
Beta Member

Message 99 of 152
Admin

Hello, @SteveD1965! Really cool to see a business that serves Masons (I’m not a Mason but still find it interesting).

Like other sellers here, I think adding an Instagram section would be nice for your home page. Speaking of images, though, have you ever gotten professional photos of customers or models wearing some of your items? I feel like good photos of actual customers wearing some of your items or seeing other items in lodges would be a nice touch.

Adam
Message 100 of 152
Beta Member

Thank you for your comments. 

Message 101 of 152

studiofiftynine.square.site 

Message 102 of 152
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @studio59! You have some nice work!

Have you considered adding an “About Us” or “About Me” page? With handcrafted goods in particular, it’s helpful for customers to learn more about the maker and business.

Something else that could be interesting would be to use the Stories feature of Square Online to talk about making some of the pieces you’re selling, or anything else that would be interesting to customers.

Adam
Message 103 of 152

Hi Adam, many thanks for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. 

I am currently in the process of putting together an 'about me' page so it is great to hear that you think it will help. I will also look into the stories feature you have suggested as It wasn't something I was aware of.

Message 104 of 152

Message 105 of 152