x
Admin

Grow your business: Ask us anything about subscriptions and recurring payments!

👋  Hello Sellers! We were thrilled to have our Subscriptions team drop in for a Q&A on Wednesday, September 1st at noon PT / 3pm ET!

USES_VerveWine_Retail_InventoryManagement_OpeningMovingSortingBoxes_0478_VR_03_Medium.jpg

We recently launched a set of subscription features that unlock the ability to create subscription plans and accept recurring payments with your customers. As we will continue to iterate after this initial launch, our product team wants to hear directly from you.

With that, it was exciting to introduce you to @JenLax, who has been leading the charge with this new set of features. She and her team were eager to hear your thoughts on everything ranging from initial setup—to what you'd like to see more of in the future.

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific payments, deposits, or account status details in our public forums. If you need assistance on one of those topics, please contact our Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 111
1 Best Answer
Community Team

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We hope your questions were answered—the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to iterate based on your feedback.

As we close out this event, we wanted to do a recap on three themes that came up frequently:

Subscription fulfillment support: Though not currently available, we plan to offer this in early 2022.

Advanced Seller and Buyer Controls for Subscriptions: We will offer pause/resume capability on subscriptions (for both sellers and customers) as well as custom billing dates on subscriptions later this year (2021). 

Square Online integration: We hope to have full integration with Square Online in 2022 which will offer fulfillment flows with online inventory as well as deeper access to customer information.

Get started using subscriptions today - no monthly fees and only 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction on each subscription, regardless of whether the card is present or not present.

The subscriptions product will see lots of exciting changes in the next six months and beyond. As we work on what things to prioritize, we love to hear from sellers on what controls and features are most important. Please keep sharing here in the Seller Community. We are listening!

Again, thanks for your participation.

For a review of other products we featured this month within the Seller Community, take a look at this post: Upcoming Events in Seller Community, July Edition.

View Best Answer >

Message 78 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

How can a small business grow their business, make sales, and lead or draw customers to their website? 

Message 22 of 111
Admin

Hi, @cecesonline!. You may want to take a look at our recent Q&A for marketing and business development.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 23 of 111

Can someone please help me? I am a new small business owner, and I need insight on my website. I also need someone to help me in recreating my logo, and my business name. Thank you al, be blessed, and stay safe. 

Message 24 of 111
Super Seller

I would suggest a site like Fiverr they can make logos custom for businesses very reasonably.

Message 25 of 111
Super Seller

@Tom where can I find out everything about subscriptions? I like to see the functionality before the event.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 26 of 111
Admin

Hey @GourmetOnWheels, thanks for bringing this up! To learn more, head over to this article in our Support Center: Get Started with Subscriptions in Dashboard.

If any questions come up after reviewing that, let us know here and we'll make sure you get the information you need. 🙏🏻

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 27 of 111
Super Seller

Thanks, @Tom What are the fees/ expenses associated with subscriptions?

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 28 of 111
Community Team

You would pay 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction on each subscription, regardless of whether the card is present or not present. There are also no monthly fees.

Message 29 of 111
Community Team

You would pay 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction on each subscription, regardless of whether the card is present or not present. There are also no monthly fees.

Message 30 of 111

Hello Tom,

I'm having trouble adding sales tax on my subscriptions, we have a 10.25% tax rate and the system will not accept it.

Also, I need to Edit the plan names, I reviewed the instructions, So we have to duplicate and then delete????

Also, can a Bi-monthly frequency option be added.

Message 31 of 111
Community Team

Thanks for pointing out the issue with adding sales tax! We believe that is a bug and will address that. With regards to editing plan names and the bi-monthly frequency, those features will be available by the end of this year.

Message 32 of 111
Community Team

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the sales tax issue has been resolved. Thank you again for pointing that out!

Message 33 of 111
Beta Member

1. Could a monthly reoccurring subscription retrigger an entry into a shipping partner such as Shippo?

2. Could a customer pause or control more facets of their subscription on their own vs messaging the business?

Message 34 of 111
Community Team

Currently subscriptions do not support fulfillment flows (like Shippo) but we hope to support them later this year or early next (2022). Per #2, currently a subscriber can cancel their subscription or change their payment method (via links in their initial subscription email). Later this year we will be offering pause/resume functionality (for both seller and buyer) on subscriptions.

Message 35 of 111

I've tested the subscription process and it works great at creating the charge to my credit card, and crediting my Square account with a payment, but no subscription order actually shows up on my orders list with all of the 'live' orders.  Were it an actual customer with a subscription, I'd happily go along packing the day's orders but never see an indication of the subscription order taking place.

What I hope for is to have a subscription trigger every week (month, two weeks, whatever), payment is collected, and an actual order shows up on my orders list that I get to fulfill.

Am I missing a step?

Message 36 of 111
Community Team

No, you are not missing a step. At this time subscriptions does not support fulfillment flows. We are expecting to support this in late 2021 or early 2022.

Message 37 of 111
Super Seller

Hello, I have a retail furniture store brick and mortar. How or what is your opinion on how to set up and word kindly but stern that customers can prepay by invoice and pick up? We run into the problem that most will pay when their items are ready for pick up but they take 3/4 months to pick up the pieces of furniture! Floor space is taking up space for new items. Should I or can I add a fee after a month of not picking up the item they ordered and is there a feature for this on the app? The customer service and is required to put 50% down to place the order and 50%  when picking up. If there is not a feature for this I would love one thank you for your any advice you can give me! We can not keep furniture in stock and usually running 8-12 weeks out for delivery to the store. 

Message 38 of 111

I would have them pay a deposit and then send them an invoice or recurring bi weekly or something that would work up to clearing their balance? Would that work?

Message 39 of 111
Super Seller

Yes!!! I saw your comment and started to use this option this week and the customers like it as well. They can't always be here for pick-ups so paying for it by invoice is so much easier for them or others have emailed back and said we will pay when we pick up so I could take them off the reaccuring emails. Thank you so much! Being retail furniture big items we don't do a lot of online shopping so this is perfect!

Message 40 of 111

With the recent Square acquisition of Afterpay how soon will that be added as a payment option for online sellers?

Message 41 of 111
Admin

Thanks for your question, @Jewelz4all - stepping in for @Tom

Is this something you wanted to offer specifically for subscriptions and recurring payments, or just in general?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 42 of 111