x
Alumni

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Team Management

Hi Sellers,

On July 25th from 11am-12pm PST, we hosted a Live Q&A all about managing your team with the revamped Team Management product! We had Corey Seiderman, Product Manager from the Team Management team, here to answer your questions.

@seiderman is on the product team for Square Team Management (formerly known as Employee Management), which includes permissions, timecards, and team reporting. Prior to this role, he led the Release Operations team which focused the reliability and predictability of the Square Point of Sale app release process. 

A couple example questions:

• How does the update to Team Management affect my current Employee Management subscription?
  • How do I know which tier to I need to best manage my team: Free Team Management or Team Plus?
  • What’s are the biggest benefits of using timecards with Square Team Management? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 3.02.51 PM.png

Message 1 of 48
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Team Management

Hi everyone - thanks for taking the time to leave your comments here. We appreciate your feedback and our product team is closely watching this thread, especially since @seiderman will be here to answer all your questions more fully on the 25th.

For those of you with one employee or one level of access, you can configure Team Management so that you are not being charged at all. The new system allows for a free "Team Permissions" role that you can add as many employees as you want. To see which features are available in the free vs. paid version, check out the chart on the product's landing page (click 'See Pricing Information').

Let me know if you have any specific questions about this, and I'll leave the other ones for Corey's response next week.

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for participating in our Q&A. Really enjoyed reading and responding to all the questions you have on Team Management. Hearing feedback directly from our sellers is vital to our continued efforts to improve the product. To close out, I wanted to highlight a couple things based on the questions asked:

Get started with Team Management for free

With the introduction of Team Management, you can now take advantage of POS integrated tracking and time card reporting for free! On top of that, Team Permissions allows you to control your entire team’s access to the point of sale and Dashboard. To learn more on how to get started with our free tier, check out the Support Center

Pricing change timeline

Just a reminder that any current subscriber has until 12/31 to decide which tier is right for them. Until that time, you will retain access to all paid features included in Team Plus at your current employee based rate. For more on what’s included in each tier, check out our feature breakdown.

More feedback!

While this is the end of our live Q&A, this should not be the end of the discussion! Please feel free to tag me directly in your future posts on any other questions or ideas you have. I also look forward to setting up another Q&A in the not so distant future. 

Thanks again everyone, and feel free to continue posting/replying to questions. Happy to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 43 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Square

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for participating in our Q&A. Really enjoyed reading and responding to all the questions you have on Team Management. Hearing feedback directly from our sellers is vital to our continued efforts to improve the product. To close out, I wanted to highlight a couple things based on the questions asked:

Get started with Team Management for free

With the introduction of Team Management, you can now take advantage of POS integrated tracking and time card reporting for free! On top of that, Team Permissions allows you to control your entire team’s access to the point of sale and Dashboard. To learn more on how to get started with our free tier, check out the Support Center

Pricing change timeline

Just a reminder that any current subscriber has until 12/31 to decide which tier is right for them. Until that time, you will retain access to all paid features included in Team Plus at your current employee based rate. For more on what’s included in each tier, check out our feature breakdown.

More feedback!

While this is the end of our live Q&A, this should not be the end of the discussion! Please feel free to tag me directly in your future posts on any other questions or ideas you have. I also look forward to setting up another Q&A in the not so distant future. 

Thanks again everyone, and feel free to continue posting/replying to questions. Happy to help!

Message 43 of 48

Not Happy. I have 4 employees at 2 locations with 1 lead person. Unless I give full access to my dashboard  to the lead person, my cost will go from $20 to 70 per month. This is in addition to your transaction price change that will cost me about an additional $35 per month. I just started with your POS at the beginning of the this year. Do I need to see what other systems will work with my hardware that I just bought?

Message 44 of 48

I have read through this thread and I still don’t see how I can track commission with this new system.

Message 45 of 48
Square

Hi @PrettiNails,

Sorry for the late reply.

At this time, Team Management does not support commission tracking. This is a feature we hear requested often and hope to support it in the near future. In the meantime, I'd suggest using Team Sales (part of Team Plus) to manually calculate the commission owned to each of your team members. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

Message 46 of 48

No problem and thanks for the response. However, as much as it’s been requested I’m shocked that it hasn’t been implemented. The beauty industry is a multi billion dollar industry and we’re hungry for a system that’s works conveniently with the updated laws for each state. We need commission friendly point of sales. That aren’t over priced, confusing to set up and convenient. (Insert sad face) (😢)

Message 47 of 48
Beta Member

This new pricing tier is ridiculous! I'm going to have to switch to another company. It's cutting too far into my profit and I just can't keep paying for all of these extras.

Square needs to THINK!!!

Message 48 of 48