x
Admin

Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Update: Due to volume and complexity of the questions, this event was moved to Thursday October 14th so our product team had more time to research and answer your questions. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello everyone! 👋

On October 3rd at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET October 14th at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET, we hosted a Square Online website builder Q&A with @xuanhua@KSA100, and @BradS-PM  of the Square Online Product team! This was a great opportunity to ask questions specifically about the website editor used by Square Online.

AdamB_0-1632866087143.png

Adam
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 169
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, we hope that we can support this in the future!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we hope to take on in future updates.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, we hope that we can support this in the future!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we hope to take on in future updates.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 168 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Hi @mainstreetbook1. Your first point about searching sounds like it might be a search indexing issue. Can you contact our support team about that? With your second concern, try clearing your browser cache, quitting your browser, then opening your browser and trying again.

Adam
Message 148 of 169

How can I set up a section or category with age verification?

Message 149 of 169

Hello @ObsenicAtelier 👋

Here are some great tips on Selling Alcohol with Square Online. But in regards to your specific question you are able to create a pop up on your site to confirm age verification. 

To create a pop-up for age verification:

1. Go to the Square Online Overview page.

2. Click Communications > Pop-ups.

3. Choose the Verify Age pop up.

4. In the Layout section, click on a thumbnail to view an example.

5. Edit the pop-up, Style and Content, and Settings to best fit the needs of your business.

6. Click the Publish button to enable the pop-up on your live website.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 150 of 169
Beta Member

Will there be an option to customize the appearance of customer reviews and where they're placed on the item listing? Having an option to feature reviews as automatic slides in a module would be great too.

Message 151 of 169

Currently, you can only apply coupons to specific items or categories.  I do sales by the Vendor. So in order to create a coupon I have to search for and select each individual item for the Vendor I am discounting.   It would be so easy to just say - everything by VENDOR is 15% off - and select the Vendor and be done. (Same question for the squareup.com side of things)

Message 152 of 169

I'd like the ability to be able to embed code for ads on my site for affiliate marketing purposes.

Message 153 of 169

Depending on how the provider wants you to embed the ads, you can do this one of two ways right now:

1. Create a Header Code for code that needs to be included in the head area of a website.

2. Use the Embed Code section to add an ad to a specific place on a page.

Adam
Message 154 of 169

There is not an option to send an automated email when users enter their email in subscription fields. I'd would be great to have this feature.

Message 155 of 169

Why can't Square Online coupons be redeemed when some books an appointment?

Message 156 of 169

Great question! Since this isn't about the website editor itself, I'll take this back to the Appointments/broader Square Online team to consider.

Adam
Message 157 of 169

My previous questions were answered by @Barbara_B I have two more.

1) Who can explain to me how to use the exported folders with my web design at my current supplier to set up in the Square Online Store.

2) Where are the Online stores at Square hosted? AWS?

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 158 of 169

Yeah? Question #2 ???

Message 159 of 169

Is there a way to add a video to an item instead of a picture? It’s a new thing in the boutique business to have short videos instead of a picture of an item. 

Message 160 of 169

Great question! This was asked already in the Q&A, so keep an eye on that post for a response.

Adam
Message 161 of 169

That was a question from me as well. That question is more for giving a tour of my store. I would like to post videos around our store in a page instead of having to link it to YouTube. This question is about adding a video to an item in my inventory so customers can see how flowy a dress is or how a top lays on one of our workers. Here’s a link to a website that has this option so you can see what I mean. 
https://fashionattic.biz/products/blackbluepinkmustard-floral-print-dress-with-criss-cross-chest-det...

Message 162 of 169

@AdamB Did it start?

Message 163 of 169

It has! Since this has become one of our larger Q&As, it will probably take some time to get answers in.

Adam
Message 164 of 169

I saw your responses keep up the good work!

René

Message 165 of 169

Can I send my customers a FaceTime link instead of a Zoom link automatically for a virtual session?

Message 166 of 169

I don't see why that wouldn't work. This is with Square Appointments, right? I googled and found some Apple instructions on how to create a FaceTime link.

Adam
Message 167 of 169
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 168 of 169