x
Admin

TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

We recently announced the Square TikTok integration, which enables you to reach new customers on one of the fastest growing social media platforms! With that, we were thrilled to host the team that built this feature for a Q&A in our forums on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. Read on to see what sellers had to say so far and keep watch for a summary post from our product managers.

A few example questions:

• I'm new to TikTok, what are the top three things I should keep in mind when I'm promoting my business?
  • If I could do "_______" with the new TikTok integration, it would make a big difference for my business.
  • How do I set up Shopping tabs, ads, and product links?

As always, we can't share specific details on our product roadmaps, though this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 84
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

Hi everyone, wanted to share an important update:
Due to recent developments on TikTok, from Tuesday, 11th October 2022, we are no longer accepting new sellers into our Square x TikTok integration.

For now, TikTok has decided not to accept new merchants to Storefronts. Square is always testing and experimenting with commerce channels that enable our sellers to share their products, and we look forward to continuing to offer more ways for you to reach and engage buyers.

For any questions, please contact TikTok directly.

Verified Answer

Re: TikTok Q&A: Ask us anything about the new Square TikTok integration!📱

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We hope you got your questions answered—the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to iterate based on your feedback.

As we close out this event, we wanted to do a recap on three themes that came up frequently:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and we'll continue to improve Square’s products based on your business needs. If you’re looking to start selling on TikTok, follow this link: https://squareup.com/dashboard/online-channels/overview  

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone, wanted to share an important update:
Due to recent developments on TikTok, from Tuesday, 11th October 2022, we are no longer accepting new sellers into our Square x TikTok integration.

For now, TikTok has decided not to accept new merchants to Storefronts. Square is always testing and experimenting with commerce channels that enable our sellers to share their products, and we look forward to continuing to offer more ways for you to reach and engage buyers.

For any questions, please contact TikTok directly.

Sumedha,
Square

View Best Answer >

Message 84 of 84
83 REPLIES 83
Square

Visual content does extremely well on TikTok and many services lend themselves really well to the creation of videos but currently product tagging and TikTok Shopping only work for products and food & bev items. If you do offer any products for sale in addition to your services then this integration can help you make those products available on TikTok.

Service businesses are very important to us, so we’re keeping a close eye on whether we can partner with TikTok on any functionality to drive service bookings in the future.

Brian Stanish
Product Manager, Square
Message 22 of 84

Will CBD and Hemp companies be able to utilize this feature? 

Message 23 of 84
Square

Hi @Naturesreleaf. I answered a similar question here.

Brian Stanish
Product Manager, Square
Message 24 of 84

I honestly know nothing at all about Tik Tok and need help from how to set it up in the beginning, to how to sell on it

Message 25 of 84
Square

Hiya @brandym, with the Square x TikTok integration you can reach a new audience on one of the fastest-growing social media platforms and grow your sales with features such as:

1) Shopping tab: Sync your Square catalog to TikTok and feature a Shopping tab on your profile so fans can browse all your products at once;

2) Product links: Include product links in TikTok videos and point viewers directly to your Square Online site to purchase; and

3) Pixel installation: Install the TikTok pixel in one click for enhanced ad targeting and tracking.

Follow the step-by-step instructions in our Help article here - ​​https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7653-connect-square-online-with-tiktok

In terms of best practices, we recommend creating TikToks that 1) Share your story and the story of your business, 2) Showcase your products, 3) Share your customers’ stories and testimonials. You can also feature your products in your TikToks, and now with this integration, you can include Product Links that give viewers an easier way to purchase from your videos instead of having to visit a link in your bio.

The Square and TikTok teams will continue sharing best practices like this so look out for upcoming content and webinars. In the meantime, we have some great tips on creating posts that will work for you in our “6 tips for TikTok success” story https://squareup.com/us/en/townsquare/tips-for-businesses-on-tiktok

Sumedha,
Square
Message 26 of 84
Beta Member

How can business benefit from this who sell products and services in the cigar industry? Thank you

Message 27 of 84
Square

Hi @sigarsdotcom. I answered a similar question here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Seller-Community-Events/TikTok-Q-amp-A-Ask-us-anything-about-the-...

Brian Stanish
Product Manager, Square
Message 28 of 84

I have been absolutely unsuccessful with the integration. I have written frequently to both Tik Tok & Square support. I eventually gave up. Can someone help me?

Jacquie Bird, Spiritual Wellness
Message 29 of 84

How can we reach users more? 

Message 30 of 84
Square

Hi @Sprinklecandles, one way to reach more users would be exploring TikTok Ads. Learn more about how to find the right target audience for your business here: https://ads.tiktok.com/help/article?aid=9680

Another way is to create an organic posting strategy for your business. We have some tips on creating posts that will work for you in our “6 tips for TikTok success” story https://squareup.com/us/en/townsquare/tips-for-businesses-on-tiktok. The Square and TikTok teams will continue sharing best practices like this so look out for upcoming content and webinars.

Sumedha,
Square
Message 31 of 84

I’m a tarot reader on tiktok, will I be able to add a “book now” button to my posts for my followers and new clients to quickly book? 

Message 32 of 84
Square

Hi @peachkkaspeaks. I answered a similar question here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Seller-Community-Events/TikTok-Q-amp-A-Ask-us-anything-about-the-...

Brian Stanish
Product Manager, Square
Message 33 of 84

Is there a minimum requirement of followers to be able to use the monetization integration?

Message 34 of 84
Square

Hello @Althea, there is no requirement for a minimum number of followers to be able to set up a TikTok Shopping tab, ads, or product links.

Sumedha,
Square
Message 35 of 84

Hi Tom,

I know to download tik tok is free. But will Square, Inc., or the owner of tik tok charge a extra fee for their e-commerce platform? As a new and upcoming business, this may put a extra strain on revenue for me.

Thanks,

The Hayah Healing Co.

Message 36 of 84
Square

Hello @Hayah_Heal, this integration is free to set up and use. You will need a Square Online website to direct buyers to complete purchases. 

Sumedha,
Square
Message 37 of 84

Would you need a separate business TikTok or is a personal account fine?

Message 38 of 84
Square

Hi @Nicolehalpinpr, you will need to create a TikTok For Business account, if you don’t have an existing one. This is separate from your personal TikTok account. 

Sumedha,
Square
Message 39 of 84

I'm trying to integrate Tiktok for my business using square, however, I keep getting 'Network error message' what does this mean? And how do I fix it to complete setup? 

Message 40 of 84

Is TikTok a secure forum for personal purchase information?  What safeguards are in place to ensure against hacks?

Message 41 of 84

You don't make purchases on TikTok itself - the inventory is still on Square and all purchasing is still done through your Square checkout/storefront.  

LunationCreation.com
Message 42 of 84