x

A customer made a typo when entering email address, can this be corrected?

Hi,  
I just had an online order and noticed a typo in the email address, which I have confirmed with the customer. Is it possible for me to edit/correct this error? 

I will manually send a receipt, tracking details etc. but would be easier if I could correct the information online. 

Presumably square will receive a message not delivered message when sending system generated email, does anything happen to these?

Regards,

Robbie

Robert Dart
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RobbieJewellery,

Order email addresses can't be edited from the Square Online dashboard. Sending a manual receipt, and tracking details would be the workaround here. I'll pass this feedback on to our eCom team, as I imagine typos in email addresses are pretty common, and I can see how handy it would be to be able correct this from your end! 

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Arie, 

Some extra information for you. I discovered that it is possible to edit the customer address when entering the postage tracking details. I made the change here and sent the shipping details to the correct email. But the change was not a general change and it reverted to the original incorrect address when I tried to send a receipt. 

Cheers,

Robbie

Robert Dart
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I wasn't aware you could edit the email address for postage tracking, thank you for letting me know@RobbieJewellery 🙂

Message 4 of 5

I didn't know either until I saw the option while updating that the item had been shipped. 🙂

Robert Dart
Message 5 of 5