x
Beta Member

After placing an Square Online order, can my customers pay in-person upon pick up?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Pay on pickup?]

Is there a way with the square online store that I can have the person place an order and be able to have the option to pay when they pick the item up? This is for a farm and not everyone is going to want to pay online, just a pay after pickup option? I already paid for the service for a year and it will not work for me without this feature so hopefully it is there somewhare

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MattHebb1995-

Welcome back to the Seller Community, and thank you for bringing this up! 

At this time, the only way to order ahead online for pickup is by using a payment card. I can see how pre-ordering with a cash/other option would be useful for your business, and other businesses who do not solely accept card payments. Orders that will be paid in cash, will likely have to be called-in. 

Some of the Pickup & Delivery apps we integrate with may have a functionality that would allow your customers to pay upon pick up. 

Appreciate your flexibility with this, and please don't hesitate to share any other insight!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

What a surprise. Square not helping customers with their needs.

It's simple. Square doesn't cash on pickup because, they do not get their cut. They don't understand that having all options increases customer satisfaction.

Like the opposite of what I am right now. Never satisfied with squares inability to fix anything that matters. 

Message 22 of 24
Beta Member

I've seen numerous businesses switch to Clover from Square over issues like this one that Square simply leaves to die here in the community with a status of 'Solved' when it's not resolved at all. Pretty unfortunate for both them and those of us hoping these features will eventually make it into Square Online when it seems pretty clear they're not taking customer feedback into account for new feature additions.

Message 23 of 24
Beta Member

Still no resolution?  Years into the request for “pay upon pickup”?  Last comment from Square was Mar 2020?  That’s nearly 3 years ago…..open ticket is now available, just not in online store. This feature is desperately needed and common on other POS solutions.  

Message 24 of 24