x

CSV File does not include item weight

I am wanting to do a bulk update of my items "weights" via items CSV file. I have downloaded the Items CSV file but it does not include a column for the weight of the items??

Why does the Items CSV file not include this data field or have I missed something?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @flightgear,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that at the moment exportable item spreadsheets do not include a weight attribute.

I agree it would be handy to have this available! While I'm not sure if it's in the works, or whether it would be something easy to apply from a technical standpoint, I will pass your feedback to our product team and update this thread if I hear of any changes.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Seamus for the reply. I must be honest I am dissappointed that something as simple as this is not implemented already.

I sincerely hope the Product Team can implement this quickly because without it the whole value of exporting CSV files for easy updating products / items is significantly reduced.

Now I have to go through all our products one by one, very time consuming.

Message 3 of 5

Hi everyone.

I have about 800 items in my inventory and need to add their weight as I’m changing my shipping from number of items to total weight.

if I use the export to excel feature, update the weight then import back to square will I lose any other information, photos etc? 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @Pete3805,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've moved your post to this existing one we have covering the topic - unfortunately it's not currently possible to bulk update item weight via a spreadsheet, as item weight isn't something managed by the standard item inventory spreadsheet. This is understandably not ideal when you have to update 800 items. We'll continue tracking feedback for this feature in this thread.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5