x

Dangerous Site message - Help please

Hi there

i just launched my site, and my first visitor who used chrome received a dangerous site message from Google…

I then looked up the site on Googles safe browsing page and it says my site is unsafe

i built it using Chrome on PC and Safari on my ipad

below is the link 

https://free-shop-102674.square.site

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 IMG_5556.jpegIMG_5555.png

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Sarah88,

Thanks for flagging this! 

I’ve just visited your site on a Chrome browser and the site currently loads without issue. When your domain is hosted at Square, SSL (Secure Socket Layer), is enabled by default for you the first time you publish your website. Occasionally, it may take up to 24-48 hours for the SSL certificate to be configured. Not having an SSL certificate can make your website appear as “Not Secure”.

If you’re still encountering the same issue today, could you check that your browser is up to date, republish your site, and try some browser troubleshooting before loading the site again on Chrome?

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More ⋮ 
  3. Clear browsing data.
  4. Select a time range, like Last hour or All time.
  5. Select the types of information you want to remove.
  6. Click Clear data.

If you continue to experience the same issue after trying that, please just let me know.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Sarah88,

Thanks for flagging this! 

I’ve just visited your site on a Chrome browser and the site currently loads without issue. When your domain is hosted at Square, SSL (Secure Socket Layer), is enabled by default for you the first time you publish your website. Occasionally, it may take up to 24-48 hours for the SSL certificate to be configured. Not having an SSL certificate can make your website appear as “Not Secure”.

If you’re still encountering the same issue today, could you check that your browser is up to date, republish your site, and try some browser troubleshooting before loading the site again on Chrome?

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More ⋮ 
  3. Clear browsing data.
  4. Select a time range, like Last hour or All time.
  5. Select the types of information you want to remove.
  6. Click Clear data.

If you continue to experience the same issue after trying that, please just let me know.

Message 2 of 2