x

Traditional ecommerce store and restaraunt table service

So I am a store that both sells items and widgets, both in person and online, as well as a licensed bar selling beer, soft drinks and snacks.

I have the Retail POS with Square Online, and it is working for me mostly. There are a few things it doesn't do which I have used in other systems for years, but lets stay on point ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I want the ability for my online store to be a traditional online store, purchase items by category, select shipping methods, etc. etc.

I also want the ability to do QR codes for table service.

When I signed up for this I had a web conference with a couple of people from Square, and they said I could do both... It appears that I can have one or the other through my square online, and not both. Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 1.16.53 am.png

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @TheGamingArena,

Thanks for starting this thread, it's an interesting one!

While itโ€™s true that QR code ordering only works with the Order Online page template, you can still sell physical items via your site while using the Order Online template. You can also offer traditional fulfillment methods such as Shipping, and allow your customers to view your items in Categories.

One limitation based on what youโ€™ve said youโ€™re hoping to achieve, would be that Digital items would not appear on your site when using the Order Online template. 

However, you could get around this by adding your Digital Items to the site as Payment Link Buy Buttons. With these Buy Buttons, you can show the item price, image and title. When your customers select these, they will be redirected to a dedicated checkout screen to make the payment. 

For more on the differences between the Shop All and Order Online templates, you can check out our guide here. Also, feel free to share the URL to your site if you have any more questions, so that we can take a look at your current setup. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @TheGamingArena,

Thanks for starting this thread, it's an interesting one!

While itโ€™s true that QR code ordering only works with the Order Online page template, you can still sell physical items via your site while using the Order Online template. You can also offer traditional fulfillment methods such as Shipping, and allow your customers to view your items in Categories.

One limitation based on what youโ€™ve said youโ€™re hoping to achieve, would be that Digital items would not appear on your site when using the Order Online template. 

However, you could get around this by adding your Digital Items to the site as Payment Link Buy Buttons. With these Buy Buttons, you can show the item price, image and title. When your customers select these, they will be redirected to a dedicated checkout screen to make the payment. 

For more on the differences between the Shop All and Order Online templates, you can check out our guide here. Also, feel free to share the URL to your site if you have any more questions, so that we can take a look at your current setup. 

Message 2 of 2