x

EDIT: FIXED ITSELF - HELP!!! - not receiving email notification of orders today

Hi, I just happened by chance to to be doing some things in Square Online and noticed that my sales figure for the last 7 days was more than what I thought. I had a look in Orders and sure enough there was an order received two hours previously. I checked my email and there was notification from Paypal that a payment had been made but no notification from Square. Since then I have received another notification from Paypal that someone has ordered something but still no notification from Square. It was working properly yesterday as I received an order notification in my email. It is not in my junk folder either. The problem is, is that if they havent have paid by Paypal, I would never had known there was an order since I dont go to Orders until I send something. Whats going on?

kind regards

Robyn

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Looks like the problem has rectified itself. I have now received both emails 

Message 2 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RobbieB,

We had some delays/issues with Square online on our end on Saturday, which our engineering team have now resolved. We're sorry about any inconvenience caused! 

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Iโ€™ve been experiencing this problem as well except I donโ€™t have the PayPal option to notify me. When I was testing the website I got orders. Since starting my online orders I havenโ€™t received any new order notifications. I have the option selected and have checked the email address is correct. What would be causing this and how can I fix it??

Regards

Tania

Message 4 of 9

Hi Tania,

So just to clarifyโ€ฆin your Online -> Settings -> Notifications the New Order email button is on and you have your email address in there? I know it may be a silly question but have you checked your email junk/spam folder? How long has this been going on? Every once in a while there are glitches, but maybe if its been going on a while you may need to contact support. 

kind regards Robyn

Message 5 of 9

Hi Robyn

Yes the New Order email button is on and my email address is listed.  It's been on since I started setting up my new website.  I've only just offered by first lot of items for sale so it's only recently.  I launched them on Sunday 15 August 2021.  I did 2 orders for myself to check how things worked.  I got an email for the first test order but not for the second.  I actually didn't notice I didn't get the second one until now.  So ever since my first test order on 14 August 2021 I haven't been getting the order confirmations.

I check my spam/junk folder on a regular daily basis and they haven't been ending up in there.

Regards 

Tania

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Thanks for chiming in to help @RobbieB ๐Ÿ™

@Tania75  Another possibility is that emails from Square may have have been blocked by your internet service provider or mobile phone carrier, if misidentified as spam. It's rare but I have heard of it happening. To change your mobile email filter settings to accept emails sent from Square, add these Square domains to your safe list:

If you're still having trouble you can also get in touch with our support team for further assistance! You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Hi Seamus. 

Thanks for your reply. Iโ€™ll definitely add all of those domains but I donโ€™t think that still be the issue. Iโ€™ve been getting every other email from square and they all go directly to my inbox. I did get 1 order confirmation when I did a test order but when I tried a second test order I never received that one, and havenโ€™t since. But Iโ€™m still receiving all the other square emails. 

Iโ€™ll see what happens on my next lot of sales and if Iโ€™m still mot getting order confirmations Iโ€™ll contact support. 

Thanks for your help โ˜บ๏ธ

Message 8 of 9
Admin

No worries @Tania75 - let us know if you're able to solve this one!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9