x

How do I connect a Checkout link to and Item and Modifier

I get an alert message which say I need to connect my modifiers to my Item in the Create Checkout  Link area but there is no option that I can see to do so??  Can anyone assist.   I have a web page and I have setup items with modifiers but my link does appear to connect to my items and modifiers?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @DJJ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

You should be able to add modifiers to items from your core Square Item library.

Once done, these modifiers should reflect on the Checkout Link and Square Online end - are you able to try making these changes from here (rather than the checkout link setup) and let me know if this works?

Cheers!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

Thanks Seamus.

When I setup a checkout link it asks for a price, but does not link to an Item, so I'm a little confused on that part. I have setup the modifiers to my Item. Is there another URL link generated for an Item?, if so, where do I find that.

when I use the link it doesn't reflect the item or modifiers. 

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @DJJ,

I'll put the steps I followed below and let me know if these help, or where you're getting stuck!

First of all, go to Checkout Links in your online dashboard and press "Create checkout link" in the top right corner. Then select "Sell an item" and press "Continue":

From the next screen, you should be able to use the highlighted search box to search for an existing item (with existing modifiers etc) or scroll down a list of your items. Select an item from here and it should create the checkout link with pre-added modifiers:

Hope this helps a bit more - let me know if you're still having trouble!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

I can see that looks to be how it should work however none of my items are showing as an option to select theee for link. Previously I couod create an item, allocate it to a category and there was an option to create a check out link. That option seems to no appear any more when creating new items. The only place I can see that toggle switch is in all my old items that I had activated the option to create check out link. I’ve tried several times and I can’t work out how to create checkout links that behave the same way they used to, as in displaying the allocated thumbnail and option to apply multiples etc

Message 5 of 10

Message 6 of 10

Thanks the issue was resolved several months ago

Message 7 of 10

I can’t get it to work at all how it used to

Message 8 of 10

Hi

Ok I tested your link and it seems to work for the single item checkout. You may need to refresh your browser or clear cache. 

If you have want other information like address name etc then these can be setup in the Item using the Options. If you want to connect Modifiers you need to apply the modifier click on The Modifiers menu and then select "Apply to items". Check the item and click on the button below.  That should do it.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GravityShuttles

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your checkout links - @DJJ 's advice is spot on here. if you're still stuck, feel free to give our support team a call, who'd be able to look into this with you a bit further. You can reach us on 1800 760 137, and lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST. 

Message 10 of 10