x

Instagram - Weebly: "Verify your website before tagging products"

Tagging our online shop products on Instagram has been working fine until recently.

Instagram now sees the products in the store but marks them as Not available.

'Learn more' says: 'You must verify ownership of your website before you can continue tagging products.

Website is our weebly online store.

When I follow the prompts, I have choices to either add Meta-Tags, HTML file upload or DNS verification, to all of which I obviously don't have access to.

So, how do I do this?

domain verification Screenshot 2021-03-29 162709.jpg 

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Understandable @AVsupport, we're gradually getting there! Though Weebly Classic and Square Online are different products with different features, so Weebly continue to service their existing customers on the Weebly Classic platform.

With that said - I actually went to the website URL in your image there and it redirected to a Square Online Store, which is something we should be able to support in most cases. The URL threw me off there - if this was set up as a Square Online website then Square's support team can definitely help look further into this.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

wanted to share this @Seamus it is indeed possible:

In your Facebook Business Settings > Brand Safety > Domains add your Domains [yourdomain].weebly.com and another one for [yourdomain].square.site and get the verified there.

You must copy the code from there into your square online store > Website > Integrations, below there is a 'Add a custom header code'. 

add a code each for each domain you need verified. publish, go back to FB business settings and Verify the sites.

I noticed that didn't solve my tagging issues, because in Instagram, the 'new' website needs to be verified also.

To do this, go Instagram on your smartphone, > Settings > Business > Shopping > Website and make sure you get your [yourstore].square.site Approved. this may take a little.

You should then see your [yourstore].square.site as your current website which should enable you again to tag your products ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've spent a few days on this, Found a few key infos at the weebly forum.

Good luck everyone!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @AVsupport,

I'm honestly not sure on this one!

Because this looks like a Weebly Classic website, you're probably going to be better off getting in touch with Weebly support for help with this one.

Though I have asked the question internally, and will let you know if I hear back with a solution! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Seamus , thanks for looking at this, the constant divide between the weebly team and square isn't very easy to digest for a customers like us that assuming this is all under the Square umbrella. One would have thought by now Square would own and integrate weebly and be done with this. Not being able to tag on insta is a big downturn. This was working..

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Understandable @AVsupport, we're gradually getting there! Though Weebly Classic and Square Online are different products with different features, so Weebly continue to service their existing customers on the Weebly Classic platform.

With that said - I actually went to the website URL in your image there and it redirected to a Square Online Store, which is something we should be able to support in most cases. The URL threw me off there - if this was set up as a Square Online website then Square's support team can definitely help look further into this.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

wanted to share this @Seamus it is indeed possible:

In your Facebook Business Settings > Brand Safety > Domains add your Domains [yourdomain].weebly.com and another one for [yourdomain].square.site and get the verified there.

You must copy the code from there into your square online store > Website > Integrations, below there is a 'Add a custom header code'. 

add a code each for each domain you need verified. publish, go back to FB business settings and Verify the sites.

I noticed that didn't solve my tagging issues, because in Instagram, the 'new' website needs to be verified also.

To do this, go Instagram on your smartphone, > Settings > Business > Shopping > Website and make sure you get your [yourstore].square.site Approved. this may take a little.

You should then see your [yourstore].square.site as your current website which should enable you again to tag your products ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've spent a few days on this, Found a few key infos at the weebly forum.

Good luck everyone!

Message 5 of 5