x

Payment via direct debit? (ie create invoice)

I suspect the answer to this will be "we'll consider this as a feature", as per the "can customers place order and pay by cash on pickup?" question, but just checking.

Currently, I create invoices and send them to people who place wholesale orders. They can pay via credit card, or I provide direct debit details on the invoice, and not a few people use that option (and it is cheaper for me).

I'd like to get those wholesaler orders online, so am creating a password-protected store.

Is there currently any way people can place the order online and checkout without providing a credit card? (Or PayPal, if I choose to upgrade for that option).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BentShed,

Welcome to our community 👋 😊

Thanks for writing in and sharing how you'd utilise this feature!

That's right, currently the ability to allow customers to place an order online without making a payment is a feature request. 

Using invoices would be the best workaround to allow your customers to pay via direct deposit. Depending on the nature of your business, you could also add a Wholesale inquiry form for a custom quote to your site. To add the form:

1. Go to your Square Online Dashboard > Website > Edit site. 

2. Select Add Section > scroll to Forms > Wholesale inquiry.

3. Customise the information you'd like to collect from customers and select > Publish when you're done. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help 🙂

Message 2 of 2