x
Beta Member

Feature Request - Remove self service QR "Dine-in or takeout?" option

Is there an optionto remove the popup asking the customer "Are you still here" when they order again ? This is causing our restaurants a great deal of confusion and a lot of food wastage.

The popup is confusing for many of our patrons and we are finding some users aren't reading the popup when re-ordering days later either for pickup or in-store and orders are being incorrectly sent from the kitchen to the wrong tables. 

Example - Customer today ordered online for takeaway, and the popup appeared (customer did not fully ready text). The prompt asked him if he was still sitting at table 30 (which he ate at a couple of days prior) He clicked yes and the order went to POS for table 30 not takeaway. 

This is happening repeatedly and the result is food is being plated incorrectly and taken to a table or put in take away containers when its for a table. The end result is we have to remake the food.

Test image for reference below. 

Screenshot_20201020-144849_Chrome.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thanks for this feedback and for providing such a detailed use case @genusCavia.

I've passed your feedback on to our eCommerce team for consideration. While I do think responsibility here lies with a buyer paying attention to what they are ordering, if this is happening on a regular basis then we'd ideally want to be designing a system that accounts for repeated user error.

How frequently are you finding this occurs? 

When it does occur, what time gap are you seeing between orders? It doesn't make a lot of sense that a customer would be asked "are you still here?", as though they'd been sitting at the same table for multiple days! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks @Seamus for your prompt response. Unfortunately its happening at least 2-3 times a day at each site. Keeping in mind I assume this will increase in frequency as more returning customers use the platform we only rolled out a couple of week ago. 

Ideally if it cant be removed could a time limit be set ? Most restaurants don't have sitting that last longer than 3hours at a maximum. 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@genusCavia Having the ability to remove it or set an expiry time would be an ideal solution - I've not yet heard back from the eCommerce team on this one, I'll let you know once I do though.

In the meantime you could also try things like adding messaging alongside your QR codes, and confirming orders with customers in person if they're scanning codes from in-store. Obviously these are not ideal solutions for an otherwise automated system, I'm trying to think of things that may help as things sit right now!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks @Seamus . Yes agreed not ideal for a smooth handsfree process. Confirming each order with customers negates the benefit of QR ordering and would add extra work for the FOH team. Hopefully the eCommerce team can come up with a hands off solution to this. 

Message 5 of 5