x
Beta Member

Shipping Integrations: Live International Quotes for Customers

International Shipping: we would like to provide customers with automatic shipping quotes that can be viewed and paid at checkout - ideally including prepaid customs. Is this possible on our Square Online site?

My UK based business sell physical products through two online platforms: our Square Online website and eBay.

For simplicity, we currently have international orders fulfilled through eBay's Global Shipping Programme: the transaction fees are high but eBay offer customers live shipping/customs quotes at checkout for over 100 countries. 

Is there an integration for Square Online which would make this possible for our website? I believe competitors using Shopify etc. can integrate directly with couriers, such as DHL Express. Is this or an equivalent possible with Square?

The only existing options I've found:

- Shippo / EasyShip integrations: my impression is these IMPORT your orders AFTER a sale, for you to then purchase the postage label ? They also seem to be USA focussed carriers & setup. 

- Manually adding shipping rates: you could tediously go through every region/country and manually calculate & input estimates to charge. Understandably this isn't practical or reliable... 

- FedEx/UPS integrations(?): I found a Square 'how to' page suggesting it was possible, but couldn't find any of the corresponding options. 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated !

Best wishes,

Alex

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GPSfootball, thanks for your post! Wishing you a warm welcome aboard the Seller Community! ๐Ÿฅณ

So at the moment, you can create a shipping profile based on the country you are shipping to. To do so:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Fulfilment > Delivery.
  2. Under โ€˜Delivery profilesโ€™, select Add delivery profile.
  3. Select Add countries and tick any countries youโ€™ll deliver to.
  4. Select Add rate and choose a rate option from the dropdown menu.
  5. Choose your courier and complete any courier setup.
  6. Select Done when finished.

However, just bare in mind that whatever rate you assign to each country will charge your customers at checkout. It is not customizable at checkout.

Alternatively, we have an integration with EasyShip, which allows you to access the largest courier network and automate fulfilment from one dashboard. Easyship allows you to access and compare delivery solutions with discounts of up to 84% off, or connect your courier accounts and use your own rates. You can also create custom tracking pages and notifications to keep your buyers in the know.

I hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3

Hi Alex 

We too are trying to add FedEx integration to use real time shipping from the uk

Please could i ask if you found a solution 

Thank you in advance 

Kerry 

Message 3 of 3