x
Beta Member

Sorting a category by date added?

Hi,

On our website we have a 'featured category' called 'Cans'.

I want our customers to view this by date added, newest to oldest. Is this possible?

Currently it sorts by alphabetic order.

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Dirky, I will do my best to help with this!

Before I dive in, I just want to make sure I have the right information: would this be:

• Sorting categories within the Featured Categories section
  • Sorting items within a Featured Items section
  • Sorting items in a category on an Order Online page
  • Sorting items within a Shop page

The reason being that there are different ways we can configure each of the above, so I want to make sure I will have the right steps with me. If you have a screenshot or a link to the page you're looking to re-organise, that'll definitely help as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen 

Thanks for your reply.

I want to sort by newest to oldest added (note not manual sort, I can see how to do this).

This is for both a featured category on the online store *and* for items on the Self-serve online page.

Thanks

D

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying @Dirky!

Unfortunately for both the featured category and the self-serve online page, there isn't a way to automatically sort items from newest to oldest. This is a feature that's currently available when using the Shop All template but not with the Order Online template (which is what the self-serve order page used). 

The only way to arrange this would be by manually changing the items order in the backend I'm afraid but I'll share this feedback with the appropriate team as well so they can look into adding it. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4