x
Admin

Streamline ordering with QR codes for Square Online

Self-serve ordering through Square Online offers a contactless, in-person ordering experience that increases safety and workflow efficiency. Instead of browsing a paper menu and placing orders with a staff member, customers use their mobile devices to scan a QR code at their table, seat, parking spot or anywhere you want them to order. 

Learn more in the Square Support article here.   

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, I'd like to use self-serve ordering for our food truck, but since we are in different locations all the time, I want to ensure that the order comes on the right day for the right event. 

In the video you can map the QR codes for different tables, sections or seats. 

Instead, I'd like to be able to map QR codes for specific events, or places we will be, as sometimes our menu may change depending on location, or other factor.

What I want to avoid is having to change the location each day we are out, and also I want to avoid someone ordering something thinking that we will be in a certain place because they used the wrong QR code. 

I'm sure there must be a way to do this - any help is appreciated!  Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NOTBTacos,

Thanks for asking this question! I'd be happy to shed a bit more light on how QR code ordering works. 

When you set up QR code ordering, your customers will be taken to your ordering page so any menu changes or special items you're offering for your events are just depending on which items are on your website. As long as you're adding or removing items from your site as they're available, you'll be set. 

The QR codes can be assigned to tables or seats to make bringing the order out to the right person possible, but they link to the same menu, and the same location. If you don't have seats or table numbers, e.g for a takeaway shop, you can just create one QR code for customers to order through. 

If you have several locations with different menus, you might want to consider creating another location in your dashboard, and your Square Online site, e.g NOTBTacos Store, NOTBTacos Mobile Food Truck, and so on. To get started with multiple locations, check out this guide. Once you've set up your locations, you can then create menus and QR codes for each separate location. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you go 😊 

Message 3 of 3