x

Unable to 'Save my information for faster checkout'

Hi all

Does anyone have issues when selecting to 'Save my information for a faster checkout'?

I get to the 'Review and submit order' stage after selecting Australia and entering my Australian mobile number at the 'Payment Information' stage.

However, when I select 'Save my information for a faster checkout', the country defaults to 'United States +1' and, despite changing to 'Australia +61', and selecting 'Complete Order, I get sent back to the 'Payment Information' stage with the error 'Phone number '+1xxxxxxxxx' is invalid format. Please provide E.164 format only.'

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

That doesn't sound like fun at all @NickW.

Customer complaints/issues with the US centric checkout data points have been one of the most prominent. The development team have acknowledged it as an issue/oversight but are yet to actually action a result.

Hopefully this additional issue will push the urgency of a suitable option arriving sooner. But ... I'd keep breathing, as any action is kept silent, and tends to take a while before being heard - due to all the requests for fixing issues with the platform (that aren't reported or documented on this forum)

'aveagreatweekend

Message 2 of 5

Yep, we're having the exact same issue - which is how I landed here!

We've had customers turn up thinking they've placed their order, only for us not to receive it. Very frustrating to say the least.

I'm hoping this fix comes through soon.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@NickW @Remi @ Brendon - it looks like our support team have filed a bug for this one and a fix is in progress. I'll let you all know as soon as I've heard it has been resolved, apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I've shared this thread with the extended team for visibility, thank you for providing feedback on this issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Is this working for anyone.  We are new to Square and hoping to go live on 1st December but am getting an error when user clicks "save my details for a faster checkout."  Has anyone worked out how to resolve this?

Message 5 of 5