x

Help with applying a weebly theme to square account

I have a square account and currently busy building a weebly store. I am trying to apply a weebly online store theme but it says I need to create a weebly account but then need to log in by square. I am going around in circles? Any advise will be much appreciated?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @EEV,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Although Square has acquired the Weebly platform, it's important to note that some features available on the Weebly platform won't transfer to Square Online sites. When you sign up for an account directly at weebly.com, youโ€™ll be taken to a page where you can choose what kind of site to create: either a business website built with the Square Online platform (as if youโ€™d signed up directly with Square) or a personal website built with the Weebly platform. Choosing the personal website option will give you the Weebly experience, which doesnโ€™t include Squareโ€™s suite of products in the same account.

The Weebly platform uses our classic drag-and-drop site editor that has the best features for sharing information and blogs, whereas the Square Online platform uses our latest section-based site editor that has the best features for everything ecommerce.

If the goal is to set up an online store that syncs with your Square account and can be managed under one account, I would suggest creating a Square Online site as the best long-term solution. Is there a particular reason you are wanting to set up on Weebly over Square Online?

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2