x

Unable to check out - incomplete billing address

Hi, I'm setting up my squaresite (via Weebly). I got someone to test and purchase an item for me. She was asked to enter her CC details and postcode, she did all that and click 'next. She then got a notice saying "Incomplete Billing Address", problem is, there is no field to enter her billing address. 

I don't remember changing the payment and billing setting. How can I fix this? Please help, thanks!

Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Lekuceramics,

Thanks for your message.

This sounds odd! - have you been able to do a test run for yourself and replicate this issue? I'm not aware of any technical issues the platform is having here at the moment, I wonder if it's possible the person who was testing missed something? It shouldn't actually be possible to remove required payment fields.

I'd give it a try yourself and if you're still seeing the same issue it may be worth reaching out to our support team for further assistance! You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Lekuceramics,

Thanks for your message.

This sounds odd! - have you been able to do a test run for yourself and replicate this issue? I'm not aware of any technical issues the platform is having here at the moment, I wonder if it's possible the person who was testing missed something? It shouldn't actually be possible to remove required payment fields.

I'd give it a try yourself and if you're still seeing the same issue it may be worth reaching out to our support team for further assistance! You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 43

Hi Seamus,

I donโ€™t know what my friend did differently, but she finally managed to complete the purchase. I tested it myself with no issue. Thanks for your response.

levanna

Message 3 of 43
Admin

No worries @Lekuceramics, glad you got it sorted in the end ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 43

Hi there,

My clients have exactly the same issue "Incomplete shipping address|" hence I am even considering to stop usingyour service. around 15 people had the same issue who purchasing services from me. 

Message 5 of 43
Admin

Hey @Paulina,

Sorry to hear you're receiving reports from customer about address errors. So we can properly assist you in troubleshooting, please call our Australian support team on the number in the above post with some examples of addresses you are getting errors for!

If support can replicate the issues you're seeing, they'll be able to file a bug report.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 43

I'm having the same issue "Incomplete Billing Address" and can't see where the issue is or how to get around it.  Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

Message 7 of 43
Admin

Hey @TABfabric,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the billing address showing as incorrect!

I wasn't able to replicate this issue upon testing - is this happening with all orders or one in particular? Usually this is based on what the individual is entering - for further help on this one you'd need to contact support who could try and replicate the issue using the same address info, which is something we're not able to display publicly in this forum due to it being private personal information. 

You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form for more assistance!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 43

This is a thing that happens with certain cards not all of them. I have MSUFCU and can't use any of my cards through square, at multiple businesses, when paying online. The cards work everywhere else

Message 9 of 43
Beta Member

I am also having customers tell me they are having the same issue - worried there are more with this problem. But we have had two in three days - I cannot get it to replicate.  I do tell them to close their browser and try again and that works - but those are the customers that are reaching out to me letting me know they are having issues checking out - if it were me I'd find another seller and move on. 

Message 10 of 43
Admin

Hey @pierceandbelle,

Yep, understandably this is a frustrating one. As soon as I hear any updates I'll tag everyone in this thread.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 43
Beta Member

I've had multiple clients call with the same problem yet when I put an order through on my end I have no issue.  We also receive other online orders so I wonder if it's the bank blocking the charge.

Message 12 of 43

I contacted my bank and they were not blocking square. They think it's a technical issue on squares and but square would have to work with the bank. It has to acknowledge that it has an issue though first. one retailer just hauled off and started asking for the actual address and then it works but if there's no address in the field it's not going to work

Message 13 of 43
Admin

Hey @jlbenoit and @navidad,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this as well.

If you've not already, please submit a support ticket for this issue with our support team via this form.

This will help our support team track and escalate the issue. You can also call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time. With that said, I recommend logging a support ticket first as it creates an electronic paper trail for the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 14 of 43

We are getting an error message "Incomplete Billing Address" at checkout. But there's no place to enter a billing address - only a shipping address which is complete. 

PLEASE HELP! We are trying to complete our first online order. 

Message 15 of 43
Alumni

Hmm, I'm not able to replicate the same problem. Is every customer having this issue? 

Can you take a screenshot of the checkout screen that shows there isn't a billing address section? 

@TheGlowPlace

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 16 of 43

We are getting the same message, from user on Desktop, not iPad.

Also want to collect both a billing and shipping address, which often are different for people ordering online.

Is that available? I can't find it!

Message 17 of 43
Admin

Hey @eclecticsgaller,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this bug as well!

As an attempted workaround, are you able to ask the customer to try ordering from a different web browser? Our engineering team are investigating this issue and have not been able to replicate it on a consistent basis.

One workaround that has been suggested was to try on a different web browser, so I'd be keen to know if this works for anyone.

At the moment there's unfortunately no way to add a billing address to a Square Online order - this is a feature request and something we're hoping to be able to implement into the product in the future.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 18 of 43

Your comment makes it sound as if Square is inconsistent with showing a billing and ship to address option. I don't see the options anywhere in the setup either. Is it there and I am missing it???

We are trying a workaround by asking customers to put the ship to address into the ADD AN OPTIONAL NOTE TO THE SELLER area of the CHECKOUT.

It's confusing because the only address that shows is labeled SHIPPING INFORMATION, when it is actually the billing address. This also affects the Sales Tax, which should be calculated on the BILLING address, not the ship to address, right???

I'm using Safari  and the only place I see anything about billing information is in INVOICES. I will have to install Firefox or another browser to test your theory.

It seems like this is a big feature request - for online shopping being so huge now, why doesn't Square make this easier???

Message 19 of 43
Beta Member

Edit: I just realized this thread is in the Australia forum. I am based in the US.

Just to chime in, I've had two customers report this problem when ordering from Square Online, the second one this morning. I did submit a ticket using the link in the earlier reply.

Message 20 of 43
Beta Member

Message 21 of 43