x

Unable to check out - incomplete billing address

Hi, I'm setting up my squaresite (via Weebly). I got someone to test and purchase an item for me. She was asked to enter her CC details and postcode, she did all that and click 'next. She then got a notice saying "Incomplete Billing Address", problem is, there is no field to enter her billing address. 

I don't remember changing the payment and billing setting. How can I fix this? Please help, thanks!

Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Lekuceramics,

Thanks for your message.

This sounds odd! - have you been able to do a test run for yourself and replicate this issue? I'm not aware of any technical issues the platform is having here at the moment, I wonder if it's possible the person who was testing missed something? It shouldn't actually be possible to remove required payment fields.

I'd give it a try yourself and if you're still seeing the same issue it may be worth reaching out to our support team for further assistance! You can call on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

We are in the US as well. Have no idea why I'm in Australian forum. Perhaps because that's where I saw the issue in a thread.

Message 22 of 43
Admin

@wildheartbrew @eclecticsgaller You can find our US Seller Community forum here, though happy to have you here too ๐Ÿ™‚

I'd say it's possible this thread on our Australian community is appearing near the top of google search results as it's gained a fair amount of traction.

It's still definitely a good idea to file a support ticket either way, so our support team can funnel the feedback to engineering teams. If you want your inquiry to reach the right team ASAP You can reach the US contact form here, for Australian sellers you can go to our contact form here. If you submit via the wrong form your ticket should still end up reaching the right team, it'll probably just take a day or so longer for one team to assign it to the other (different time zones and all!).

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 23 of 43

I encountered this issue in testing and was able to work around it by changing the email address I used for my purchase. The transaction went through without an issue after that.

Upon successive tests using the original email address, the "Incomplete Billing Address" error did not recur. ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 24 of 43
Admin

Hey @jerrymaloney,

Thanks for reaching out and adding your experience to the thread!

This sounds odd - I hadn't heard of being tied to email address before. Is it something you are able to replicate consistently with the same email address? What web browser were you using when it occurred?

This is one we've not been able to consistently replicate so far, but any other info you might have would be helpful in trying to pinpoint the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 25 of 43

I just had my client's very first purchase after launching the site fail for the same reason, they are understandably very frustrated. Is there an update to this issue?

Message 26 of 43
Admin

Hey @joshfallon, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this issue!

Unfortunately this is something I've not been able to replicate personally, nor have our engineers been able to in testing. Something I've heard can help is changing the web browser. Some of the cases we see as may also be actual user error / entering incomplete info - though unfortunately we don't have any real way of telling whether or not this is the cause.

My best advice is to ask the customer to try another web browser, and make sure every field is completed - even the billing Post Code, which sometimes is not required in Australia. You can also perform a test transaction (you can refund afterwards) to check things are working on your end.

I hope some of these tips help! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 27 of 43

we are having the same inconsistent problem on all our POS systems for event ticket sales, no rhyme or reason , based on different emails you enter " incomplete shipping address" error is now occuring

I noticed this issue arise with the change to the addition of adding CASH APP" Option at checkout

Square needs to address this

Message 28 of 43
Admin

Hey @regionwine,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with Square Online checkout. Head up I removed the screenshot you posted as it contained some personal private information.

I'd suggest your best bet here may be to get in touch with our support team for further assistance - they'll be able to take a better look into your account setup to determine if there's anything there causing the issue! You can reach out to our USA support team via this link, or visit their community forum here (you've currently on the Australian community ๐Ÿ™‚).

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 29 of 43

update 

we have tried cookies/chaches , editing what item types require entry o

Message 30 of 43

Same issue.  The fix (if you call it that) is to click "Canada" and then click back to "US".  However that's not a fix and I need this corrected or I'm off to find another processor.  it's happening more and more.

Message 31 of 43
Beta Member

I am receiving incomplete billing address.

Please provide the following fields: Country

But the country is selected

Message 32 of 43
Admin

Hey @TGPH,

I wasn't able to see this error upon testing right now, but is this something you are able to reproduce consistently? If so, please report this to our support team so they can file a bug report! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 33 of 43

Yep this is happening to me now. A heap of customer complaints. The reason is people in units are having to put the unit number in after the street number. This is not the correct order in Australia and it confusing everyone. Losing many customers too frustrated to continue on cause they dont understand whats going on. Have to be fixed asap. Just put the unit # box before the address box.

Message 34 of 43
Admin

Hey @rpinard,

Thanks for reporting in! If this is something you've been able to reproduce on your end, please file a ticket with our support team - they will be able to investigate further and possibly raise this as a bug with our eCommerce engineers.

I performed a test just now and wasn't able to replicate it on my end - the formatting I tried with a few addresses (grabbed at random from rental listings) was 2/123 Example Street and this appeared to work OK. If you're having trouble with specific addresses, you might also want to call support to test those (we can't here as we're not able to share personal information on our public forum). You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 35 of 43

Hi Seamus,

I was just playing around with it again. This is a real issue being experienced by many. I suggest going to any square site mine is www.pepperbypinard.com.au and pretend to order something. Spend 10-15 minutes putting in different addresses and watch how either the "Place order" button remains greyed out when all info is filled out or once you type in a address it rejects the door number and just has the street and suburb. Im getting several orders from people with no door numbers, now i know why. For example if i type in "123 Grey street, Squareville" and i see it start to auto fill, i click the auto fill option and it reverst back to "Grey street, squareville" dropping off the numbers. Some people dont re check this and submit an order.

Message 36 of 43
Admin

Hey @rpinard,

I took a further look into this and was not able to exactly replicate what you've indicated happens here, for example, if I type in "123 Grey St" I get a list of possible options, which reduces the more information I type in, eg:

If I type a non-existent address, I still get some suggestions, some without numbers as you've suggested:

Is this what you're referring to?

When you say it's happening to many people, how many cases have you seen - are we talking multiple times every day, or might it be a case of human error once in a while?

Is it only happening in cases where unit numbers are involved as previously suggested, or is it now happening with all addresses?

Did you get in contact with support as previously suggested and were they able to replicate and file a bug report?

This seems like a pretty frustrating issue, but it's something I've not been able to replicate either in testing or when purchasing things from Square Online stores in general. It's true that some of the auto-suggestions come up with no street numbers if the address system does not detect the address, I assume due to the algorithm this widget uses to try and get the closest match it has to what the customer has typed. Ultimately though, it's up to the person entering their address to check that the address they have entered is accurate. Human error can and does happen, and while it can be frustrating when that happens, it's something that will inevitably occur with your online orders at some point.

If you have some examples of specific addresses that cannot be properly entered into Square Online's checkout, I recommend contacting support for further testing - if there is a clear error that they can reproduce, then they can file a bug report and have our engineering team investigate further. While I'm not able to help as much as support might be able to with testing and filing bugs, you can also feel free to DM me any addresses you're having issues with and I can test from my end to see if we can get to the bottom of any specific example.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 37 of 43

Hi There i am back as i have done another sale and with a sale many orders. I have had around 6 different complaints regarding this issue again. Its highly annoying as i am losing customers too frustrated to bother with this failed ordering system. 

I just recived another order 5 mins ago with no door number.  Shortly after an email from the customer saying "My address does not register correctly" then proceeds to give me the number via email.

This is so bad.

Happy to give address and order # privately as this need investogating asap

Message 38 of 43

I have just tested the address of the customer myself and yes the house number drops off everytime. I have googled the address and it is a real address.

Message 39 of 43
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for writing back in and bringing this to our attention, @rpinard. Reaching out to our support team to file a ticket with our eCom team would be the next step here. Like this we can dig in a bit deeper. You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Click on any topic, then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type "support" to bring up a list of contact methods.

Message 40 of 43

Emailed yesterday. Hopefully hear back soon.

Thanks.

Message 41 of 43

I'm here because I've had one customer with this same issue. First time ever and only one customer so far. I was able to do an order and others as well but it's a concern. The error comes up saying incomplete billing address please provide country but my checkout has no billing info that needs to be entered. My items are for collection only.  Is there a solution? 

Message 42 of 43