x
Admin

Your Square Online Store: Top Tips and eCommerce Site Examples

Setting up an Online Store can be a daunting task. For some people, just knowing what’s possible can be a huge help when getting started. 

If you’ve just perfected your menu or if you’ve added new, professional photographs of all of your products or items -  share your site to inspire someone else.  If you can share any tips, that would be appreciated too!

Reply in this thread and include:

1. The URL for your site
  2. Your business name and your business type (e.g. retail, food business, service provider)
  3.  Bonus! A best practice or tip that will help someone as they’re getting started.

Here are some resources to help you get started:

By sharing your knowledge or by simply sharing a link to your website you can lend a helping hand to someone else.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Admin

Hey @judithah,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 👋

Happy to help out, feel free to post if you need a hand with anything, or use the search function to browse through old threads that may contain insights!

Glad to have you aboard 😁

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 22 of 28

Hi everyone,

I'm Naomi from Sylvi & Flora - online retailer of handmade polymer clay earrings, hair accessories and gift boxes. I sell at markets as well and created a website with Square as it seemed the easiest way to manage inventory with market sales. 

It has certainly been the easiest and most intuitive of the all the sites I've tried and I'm very happy with how my site looks (apart from my photo, lol! But that's another story). I'd love feedback though, if anyone is interested; it's always good to look for improvement ideas.

www.sylviandflora.com.au

Thanks.

Naomi

Naomi
Message 23 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NaoWiv,

Thanks for writing in, and welcome to the Seller Community 😊 

I really the colour composition on your site, and the listings of the upcoming markets you'll be at! 

Message 24 of 28

Hi,

I've just put the finishing touches to my online store - I found the process 'relatively' easy enough. This is the first site I've ever made, so I'd love to hear some feedback or any suggestions on what to add/change:

http://www.tailwindsaerialmedia.com.au

Thanks in advance!

Message 25 of 28
Admin

Hey @Tailwinds, thanks for sharing and welcome to the community!

I like it - it's clean, neat, bright and minimalistic. The juxtaposition of the colourful organic textures of your art against the simple and minimalist design helps keep your art as the star of the show!

One thing to also consider might be a stories section, where you could talk about the areas you've photographed and the methods you use. It's not really necessary but can add a bit more context for any customers who are keen to read more about your work and your craft.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 26 of 28

Thanks Seamus, that is a great idea, I'll have a go at the stories section to add a bit more context to my work.

On a separate note, can you tell me if Square accepts paypal and afterpay as payment options? If so, do you know how I can add these and advertise the fact on my site (add the logo's alongside the mastercard/visa ones)?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Nick.

Message 27 of 28
Admin

@Tailwinds PayPal is available via Square online, however only on the Performance and Premium plans. If you have one of these plans learn more about setting up PayPal here.

We don't presently support any buy now pay later integrations, however Afterpay support will be coming in 2022 once Square's acquisition of Afterpay has been finalised. Hopefully ASAP - this has been a very popular request!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 28 of 28