x

is it possible to add a a modifier list to a variation

is there a way to add a mod list to a variation? as a pizza size varies so does the amounts of toppings. This is something that will make or break the change over to the square online store

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @fireandstone,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's not actually possible to add a modifier list to a variation - what I usually see pizza places do is have different items for different pizzas, then variations are the sizes, then adding/removing ingredients as a modifier set to go on the item.

I get what you're saying here though - extra pepperoni on a small pizza may be a proportionally different amount to extra pepperoni on a large pizza. You could consider treating extra toppings as a standard amount and have multiple modifiers for the same topping (eg Extra Pepperoni $2, Extra Extra Pepperoni $4) or consider your typical overall ingredient expenditure when setting your prices so that your operating costs and overall product margins are covered.

The other workaround would be to have a different item for each size pizza and add different priced modifier sets to each one - this is an understandably cumbersome workaround though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2