x

'www' showing at start of address when registering Google Workspace and in list of domains

Hi there

I would really appreciate any advice. I’m encountering a few issues with my 3rd party domain which I transferred over to Square from a third-party provider over a week ago.

1) When setting up a Google Workspace account for my new website, ‘www.’ is showing up at the start of my website address. Is this normal? So it is defaulting my email to be @www.XXXXX.com

2) In my domain list, I have both Square-owned and third-party-owned domains. In the list showing third-party domains, this domain is also showing 'www.XXXX.com'  though the Square-owned domain does not show the 'www' at the start. It also says 'Provider Unknown' and 'Status Connected', though the Square-owned one is 'Active'. Is this supposed to be this way for third-party domains?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @Prim,

This does sound odd - the "www" should not be in an email address. I'm not sure if it's possible to have accidentally registered the domain as "www.xxxx.com" rather than "xxxx.com", however this is an issue I would definitely be getting in touch with support about for further insight into what's happening.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Seamus 

Thank you so much for your response. I didn't enter the 'www' at the start of registering the web address. I have emailed support for further help.

Many thanks!

Message 3 of 3