x
Beta Member

Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Royal Mail supports integration with various online stores and marketplaces

Integration with Square would be great so that shipping labels could be automatically created, and postage paid

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/click-how-to-guide.pdf

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11716/~/click-%26-drop---connect-your-ch...

Regards

Jools

Message 1 of 191
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Shipping Label - Integrate with Royal Mail Click and Drop

Hello everyone, this is Alex from the Square Online product team. We know how frustrating it is to have been told that a Royal Mail Click & Drop integration is on the roadmap for two years, and we're sorry that we haven't yet been able to launch this for you. Behind the scenes, we're in the process of making some fundamental changes to our shipping product, so we decided to build all shipping carrier integrations (not just Royal Mail) in a way that aligns with our long term strategy. This will take us time to fully execute. We also understand that you have to make decisions about how to operate your business, and that an expectation of a Royal Mail integration has been a key factor in choosing to continue using Square. Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete update that we can share with you on our plans or timeline for this today, but we'll be sure to post in this thread when our beta is ready for you. 

190 REPLIES 190
Beta Member

@Lou8 

Please don't raise those integrations again! They do not do what we need!

Royal mail has a click and drop system linked which can also link to business accounts held with them.

This is a free system we only pay for postage and as a business account holder at a discounted rate.

@tonydow 

I don't think we will ever get this as it does not link to a paid app which is all Square seem to be interested in.

A shame as the core system is good.

I have never seen anything come from these forums unless it is something they want to do!

We waited for months / years when this was first raised to have them go here's a partner app rather than link direct to royal mail which by all accounts is not difficult.

Message 190 of 191
Admin

Hi @SGM1,

I understand your frustration, and we're here to help in any way that we can.

While I appreciate that the integrations with Shippo and EasyShip don't work for your business, they might suit other sellers. 

Implementing new features can be a complex process that involves a lot of work and coordination across different teams. The engineering team must ensure that the new feature is technically feasible and meets all necessary performance and security requirements. There can be external factors which can add extra layers of complexity to the process. 

We will make sure to keep you updated on any future progress related to this feature.

Finally, if you have a moment, I kindly ask that you review our Community Etiquette Guidelines again to help us maintain a productive conversation.

Message 191 of 191