x
Beta Member

Add customer screen on square register

I have changed the visibility of the fields required to add a new customer (to reduce mandatory input), but although this works on the register screen itself, the customer screen still shows all fields - which is where we wanted the ease of input to be recognised. Is there a separate toggle for that?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for writing in @ArtisansAlley

Just to confirm we're on the same page; you've made changes to the required fields for the customer profile, but these changes aren't reflected across the Square Register, or Point of Sale? I'm not sure if there is a toggle for this in the Dashboard, but would like to reach out to some other teams to confirm why the fields you've edited are still coming up. Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Hi Arie, That's correct. I have configured the customer profile to have only 5 fields visible. After pressing 'add customer' and then '+' for a new customer on the Square register - the staff input screen (on the register itself) is customised and shows only the selected fields. However the customer screen shows all of them, which mans it discourages customers from actually entering their details as it looks we need everything. I have screen shots but the attach image function here doesn't seem to actually insert files.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@ArtisansAlley I'm not actually sure this is changeable unfortunately - though have you tried toggling fields off per the instructions here?

What sort of errors are you seeing when you try and upload photos? Are you clicking on this icon here?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Hi Seamus, These aren't custom fields, they are the basic fields (such as address and 'where do you work').

Insert photos, fixed - I wasn't logged in.

You can see from the screenshots that the profile is configures visible/no visible. This is reflected on the staff input, but not on the customer terminal. Can you investigate further, this feels like a programming oversight.

Re. Photos if not logged in - clicking the icon seems to want a URL not a file. If I try and drag/drop to this message box it states I don't have permission (which was what prompted me to check my login status even though I'm replying to a message as my account ID). Odd functionality - maybe take a look at that  as well... ๐Ÿ™‚

Configure profile.jpg

Register Screen.jpg

โ€ƒ

Customer Screen.jpg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Got you @ArtisansAlley,

I'm not actually sure about how to change those fields on a Register Customer display - I've had a look through the usual resources and can't find anything that calls it out, and don't actually have Register myself to test with. I agree that it does seem odd that these would not be editable, especially if they are not required fields! 

Have you tried turning fields off from Dashboard at all via https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/settings/profiles ? If not this is something to try:

If you have not already checked, you can also try under Settings> Hardware> Customer Display on your Register to see if there is anything there. You can also call our support team on 1800 760 137, who may be able to provide additional assistance. Lines are open 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri AEST. 

For uploading images to the Community, if it asks you to add a link to an image, you want to press the "Upload" button to select from an image on your device:

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Regarding dashboard edit - yes that's how I selected the hidden fields. You can see that config on the first screenshot. There was nothing under hardware/customer screen that I could alter. I'll try the support team, thanks. Jeremy

Message 7 of 9

Did anyone find a solution to this, I'm having the same problem

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Thammo511

At this time this is still considered a feature request. We hope to provide an update on this experience soon.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 9