x

Inputting Barcodes to new items not working

Hi there, 

I have just started using the Square Register. I am using the Point Of Sale version not the Retail version. 

I have begun imputing my stores stock but I am having issues with any barcodes I input not working.

When using the "create item" page on my PC, I make sure to fill out all applicable boxes, I even scan the barcode that comes pre-printed on all my received stock into the GTIN box however after saving and then going to the register to scan the stock to make sure it's scanning up correctly I get this pop up.

20211210_145255.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I just don't understand why the barcode is not registering after I've created the item. 

I have tried using the 'Product lookup' when creating new items however the item I am inputting is not in the list provided so I am manually filling all the details out.

I'd really like to get the barcode scanner working to cut down on the time it takes to ring up a sale as currently I am using a keyboard to search for each item individually, the customers are not enjoying the wait.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do best with step by step guides or pictures to help me get my head around how to get this shortcut working.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @CatLili,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community 👋

Aside from having had a read of our Barcode Scanner troubleshooting page, I can't say I have much familiarity with using barcode scanners with Square unfortauntely. What happens if you try the SKU field though, rather than the GTIN field? From what I can see here, depending on the barcode it could be one or the other.

Let me know if that helps at all! If we can't figure things out here you can also call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have already tried all the things you have suggested.

I've read through the troubleshooter and many other pages of discussion on the Australian and American communities, however there is nothing that comes close to my issue let alone a way to fix it. 

I have also previously tried putting the barcode in the SKU and every other box to see if anything would work. Nothing seems to get the register to recognise the product.

If there is no other responses in the mean time I will contact the support number next week.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3