x
Beta Member

Loyalty automatic sign in problem

Hi,

It's me once again... ๐Ÿ™‚

I just noticed a huge problem with square's loyalty program, which is making it really hard for me to want to continue putting my money into this system...

Let me explain...

So I have done some research and apparently the loyalty program is supposed to automatically link every transaction to a number...
What I mean is, instead of having to get customers to "Sign Up" every time after checkout (Which can be bad if you have a huge line, or a lot of customers), it is supposed to recognize their card and link it with their phone number... I'm not sure if it's a glitch just with the Square Terminal or not, but I have had some people automatically have a transaction linked to their loyalty, while others have not been... I have tried people with cards on file (Which I'm hoping isn't a necessity), I have tried it with people with emails linked to their customer profile, and vise versa for both... But it seems to be very randomized at to what factors allow the automatic process...
I hope you guys get this fixed ASAP, or if there is nothing wrong, tell me what I'm doing wrong...

All the best,

Jordyn - CEO AND FOUNDER OF BRO-WICKS

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

UPDATE!

This system is definitely broken... After intent research I found out that you can view the cards linked to a customers phone number in the customer directory... Only bad thing is, you can't add, delete, or edit cards...
This is highly problematic since Square's terminal seems to refuse to automatically link said card to a phone number and transaction... Please fix it... This is a huge problem for me...

Thanks,

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JHW-101,

It's not necessary to have a card on file for a customer to be registered for Loyalty. There are a few things to consider if you're finding that loyalty points aren't accuring:

- Is the minimum purchase amount as set out by your loyalty program met?

- Are any discounts applied to the items? Discounted items won't accrue loyalty points.

- If your loyalty program is item based, double check that the items are included. 

If the wrong card has been linked, you can edit this from your directory by following these steps:

1. In your online Square Dashboard go to Customers Directory.

2. Search for a customer by name or phone number.

3. Click the three-dots > Managed Cards Linked Loyalty

4. Tick the box for each of the cards youโ€™d like to unlink.

5. Click Unlink > Confirm Unlink.

I hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

The problem isnโ€™t that there is no card on file, it seems that for some customers square does not automatically link a card to a persons loyalty accountโ€ฆ

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for clarifying, @JHW-101! It looks like we did report some issues around Square Loyalty recently - however, our  team would have to do some testing on your account to replicate the issue and confirm you're affected. Please update your Square Point of Sale, and then reach out to support on 1800 760 137. We're available Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST. Sorry for the hassle! 

Message 5 of 7

Hello! I am having trouble with 2 customers that have accrued points worth redeeming however when their file is opened up the points arenโ€™t available and yet they continue to accrue. 

so strange that only 2 of the 60 customers that I have canโ€™t access? 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @RobSilver,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the loyalty system! 

This does sound odd - I wonder if it's possible that the customer has multiple listings in your customer directory? That's one thing I'd suggest looking at if you've not already, however the best way to get help here is going to be via our support team - they will be able to look directly at the impacted customers on the back end of your account, and will have a level of visibility into things that we don't have on our public community forum.

You can call support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri AEST.

If you're able to figure things out please report back - the solution may always help someone else in the future who sees the same issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7