x

cash sales -show change amount

Cash sales in Square register show change required for only a split second.  Whilst us oldies are good at change, many others aren't.  We don't automatically issue receipts (not sure if it shows on the receipt anyway).  Is there any way for the change required to remain on the screen for longer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

I see what you mean, @donutsue! It doesn't look like the duration of the change screen can be changed, but from my testing, the screen showing the amount of change to be handed back stays up until a receipt is sent out, or printed off. The amount of change given will be shown on printed, as well as digital receipts. 

Message 2 of 4

Our Square register doesn't show this at the end of a transaction.  I can do it on the Square app but Register doesn't, hence the issue.  Is there a setting for this?  Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@donutsue I wasn't able to find any documentation on this, and don't actually have a Square Register to test on - my assumption is that if you don't skip the receipt screen then maybe the change amount will show on there for a longer period - is this something you are able to test on your end?

If it behaves as it does on the mobile app, you may have to make a choice between having a receipt screen with a change screen that can be exited at your own pace, or going with the current setup.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4