x
Admin

Vote on the Book Club book for October & November 2023 🗳️📘

Hey Square Readers,

**VOTING HAS ENDED**

giphy

We’re halfway through reading Hug Your Haters by Jay Baer, so jump into some of our discussion threads and let us know your thoughts. 

We’re also looking ahead and starting up voting for our next book for October & November. We have 3 books to choose from, and we’d love for you to vote to help us decide! 

This month we're looking at building your skills as a business owner and manager, and choosing between Leadership, Business Skills, and Problem Solving books; all recommended by sellers like you!

The votes were really close last time, so we’re bringing back some options and giving them another chance.

1. Radical Candor by Kim Malone Scott

“Radical Candor is a simple idea: to be a good boss, you have to Care Personally at the same time that you Challenge Directly. When you challenge without caring it’s obnoxious aggression; when you care without challenging it’s ruinous empathy. This simple framework can help you build better relationships at work, and fulfill your three key responsibilities as a leader: creating a culture of feedback (praise and criticism), building a cohesive team, and achieving results you’re all proud of. Radical Candor offers a guide to those bewildered or exhausted by management, written for bosses and those who manage bosses”

2. Twelve and a Half by Gary Vaynerchuck 

“Gary Vaynerchuk explores the twelve essential emotional skills that are integral to his life and business success, and provides critical tools to acquire and develop these traits. Gary provides real-life examples involving common business scenarios to show you how to use them to land promotions, retain core employees, move faster than competitors, win the loyalty of customers, and build successful organizations that last.”

3. Fix this Next by Mike Michalowicz

“The biggest problem facing entrepreneurs is that they don't know what their biggest problem is. If you find yourself trapped between stagnating sales, staff turnover, and unhappy customers, what do you do first? Every problem seems urgent -- but there's no way to address all of them at once. The usual result: a business that continues to go in endless circles putting out urgent fires or prioritizing the wrong things. Michalowicz has a simple system to help you eradicate these frustrations and get your business moving forward, fast. He figured out that every business has a hierarchy of needs, and if you can understand where you are in that hierarchy, you can identify what needs immediate attention. Simply fix that one thing next, and your business will naturally and effortlessly level-up.”

Which of these do you most want to read next? Vote by filling out this Google Forms survey! 

While we’re voting by survey, feel free to tell us why you’re excited about a particular book in the comments below. And if you have suggestions for other books you’d want to read, drop them in the comments too and we’ll take a look and consider them for the next round. 

We’ll announce the winning book on Tuesday, September 12th, and start reading it in October. 

We can’t wait to read with you!

Pesso

**VOTING HAS ENDED**

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Pesso_0-1694615185299.png

You voted and chose Fix this Next by Mike Michalowicz as our book for October and November!

Head over to the announcement post, pick up your copy, and get ready to start reading on Monday October 2nd. 

We can’t wait to read with you,

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

I'm not voting this time because I will not be available in October and November we are traveling to Italy in October and then November will be extremely busy for us.  But I am reading Fix It Next. It's an excellent book, and I think it would be a great choice. 

I regret not being able to attend due to the move to a new location, but our Grand Opening was awesome this weekend. 

Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 2 of 12
Admin

I hope you have an absolutely amazing trip, @Greenmonkey65 !

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope it helps folks pick -- you can totally still read along with us in any downtime you have, haha

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 3 of 12
Seller Community Mentor

I picked 12 and half  .. it is a really amazing book even if you don't have a business....it a life book not just a business book ....👍😊📖

Arline Trividic
Message 4 of 12
Admin

Thanks for the insights, @Smellthis1919 ! So excited to see which gets picked!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 5 of 12
Super Seller

This is the one I'm hoping for too!

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 6 of 12
Admin

Thanks, @Doran ! What's drawing you to this one?

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 7 of 12
Seller Community Mentor

Me too 👍🤗

Arline Trividic
Message 8 of 12
Super Seller

Fix It Next is my pick!

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 9 of 12
Admin

Thanks, @JUYBoutique20 ! What makes this one the most appealing for you?

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 10 of 12
Super Seller

I think it's appealing to me because I feel like that's how I do things when it comes to my business and life in general.  I can't wait to see how the author explains this process.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 11 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Pesso_0-1694615185299.png

You voted and chose Fix this Next by Mike Michalowicz as our book for October and November!

Head over to the announcement post, pick up your copy, and get ready to start reading on Monday October 2nd. 

We can’t wait to read with you,

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 12 of 12