x
Admin

What business problems are you hoping to Fix Next?

Hey Square Readers,

Today, the Square Readers Book Club is starting to read our fourth book, Fix this Next by Mike Michalowicz!

Putting out fires in your businessPutting out fires in your business

This book is all about learning to prioritize the problems and issues your business faces, in order to start fixing the most impactful ones first. By taking care of these, you can shift your strategy from putting out fires to making fundamental changes that improve the overall health, longevity, and profitability of your business.

So let’s talk:

• What are the biggest issues your business is facing right now? 
  • Before reading this book, which one or two  problems do you think are the biggest priority to fix?

For some extra fun, share a selfie of you with the book here in the comments! 

View and Subscribe to all threads about this book. 

Happy reading,

Pesso

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

• What are the biggest issues your business is facing right now? 
    Right now would have to say planning for the future, knowing how much business will be coming in after the holidays, etc. 

• Before reading this book, which one or two problems do you think are the biggest priority to fix?
    Scalability, right now it is hard to know what steps to take to get from point A to point B. 

Tagging @GingerBeasties & @Stacelyn24 for their insights too!

Message 2 of 6
Square Champion

The next biggest issue I'm facing and working on is filling up our new nail technician's books with clients.  I would love to have their books at least 65% - 75% full by the end of the year.

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

• What are the biggest issues your business is facing right now? My biggest issue is getting my social media stuff together.  I'm so inconsistent with posting and creating content.
  • Before reading this book, which one or two problems do you think are the biggest priority to fix?  My social media presence and scheduling pop-up events for both stores.
Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 4 of 6
Square Champion

We are currently working on implementing backup solutions in case of outages such as electrical, internet, and phone. While it is not a day to day issue, we do have outages a few times a year, and it can be quite costly in terms of lost sales. 

We could also improve our social media reach. While I think our content is good, we could try new methods to gaining followers. It is something I plan to work on in the coming year. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for sharing @TCSlaguna @Stacelyn24 @JUYBoutique20 @mpmpmp22 !

We're taking this to the next level by using Fix This Next to determine our Vital Need -- the biggest and highest priority problems to solve, according to the author.

Check out the post and work through it, and share what you find!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 6 of 6