x
Admin

[New] Appointments Booking Filters

Hi Seller Community!

As an Appointments seller, it’s imperative to communicate with your clients before and after every appointment. 

We are introducing three new bookings filters (Last booking dateFirst booking date, and Booked with) into your Customer Directory. Now, you can more quickly and effectively communicate with your clients and understand their booking habits.

Using booking filters is easy:

• Click on the Filters button from your Customer Directory
  • Filter Customers by selecting parameters for the new Booking Filters (First booking date, Last booking date, Booked with) 
  • View the number of customers that match the criteria
  • Click the Save as group button to name and save the group

GBEN-directory-booking-filter.gif

You can also keep your clients coming back by sending a targeted marketing campaign created with these filters.

Examples include:

• A reminder to schedule their next appointment 
  • A thank you for services purchased or spend
  • Letting a staff member’s clientele know that they’re out sick
  • Welcoming a new client after they book their first appointment

Limitation Notes: 

• This update will not support recurring appointments
  • The Booked with filter is only available to owners and staff with appointments and scheduling permissions turned on. Learn more about permissions.
  • If you don’t have marketing permissions to send a campaign, you will be unable to send a campaign to a smart group with booking filters
  • You’ll be able to search for appointments that date back to December 2020

Exciting iterations to look forward to in Q1 of 2023:

• Ability to create and send automated marketing campaigns
  • Support adding “Service” as a filter and parameter

Please reach out with any questions.

For more information on Customer Directory and Square Appointments, check out our Support Centre article here. You can also learn more about Customer Directory filters and groups here.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Again, Square releases other features, not even related to what your customer needs / is asking on the Seller Community. I have looked and there is requests for more than 5 years on Appointments+group classes, and you guys rather release other things, than what we need. what is essential. How do think we look when we explain to our customers that you can use a gift card only on a certain item of our website but not for appointments, which is why they purchased it on the first place? Why release Appointments if no discount or gift card would be able to be used when they are sold/offered on the same page??!! Or even release it without the group bookings which everyone needed and asked for from the beginning! No. Instead, you release it after 5+ years, HALF WAY, no discounts available, no group bookings, no gift cards to be used on services... just WOW. Now testing classes since JULY *5 months* and we still can't use them because you can't offer recurring classes... just ridiculous. I was about to change software before you released the classes so we decided to stay, give a second chance to Square and keep using it... clearly you rather loose customers so not long till we leave now. 

I also just checked on the latest updates on Square since you last messaged, there has been more NEW features than improvements on what you were already offering, again, half way... I can't believe there is MORE new priorities for square than finishing the BASICS for Appointments... PLEASE FINISH on the testing/release that we have been doing on classes for 5 months or offer a box at checkout for discounts or gift cards for appointments when booking online...BUT NO. Now these new filters are clearly more important....?! Seriously, PLEASE. There is no point on testing if nothing is going to change or be updated... Do tests run for a couple of years before it's released? Do you have a timeline for that at least?

If you are a Seller and you know of any other softwares that we should check out, please let us know! Thank you! *UK BASED*

Message 2 of 5

couldn't agree more. All i want is an automated text to go out after the appointment to say thank you for coming and asking them to give feedback. IT IS THE MOST BASIC FEATURE OF A BOOKING SYSTEM and yet it still isn't a feature yet this new crap is? Continuously disappointed with Square features or should i say the lack of, also looking to leave and move over to a different provider.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @thegooddogg and @tr7skatepark, apologies that we missed your message. 

It's understandable that you are feeling frustrated and we're here to help in any way that we can. Implementing new features can be a complex process that involves a lot of work and coordination across different teams. The engineering team must ensure that the new feature is technically feasible and meets all necessary performance and security requirements. There can be external factors which can add extra layers of complexity to the process. All of these must be carefully considered and managed to ensure that the new feature is successful and can be rolled out smoothly. 

We understand that you must prioritise what is best for your business and we will make sure to keep you updated on any future developments related to this topic. Square also works with a number of booking & scheduling partners who may be more suitable to your business needs at this time — you can read about them in our App Marketplace

Lastly, if you have a moment, I kindly ask that you review our Community Etiquette Guidelines again to help us maintain a productive conversation.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Automatic text after is absolutely essential

Ability to book a class like appointment 

Basic things in grand scheme of booking system 

Message 5 of 5