x

refund with service charge

Hi, everytime I do a refund with square it never refunds the servcie charge, how can I change this? it happens already twice!!

thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Andrea5, welcome to the Seller Community!

I did a test transaction on my account to check this and you should be able to refund the service charge as well. How you refund service charges can depend on where you're issuing the refund from.

If you're refunding from the Square Point of Sale app or the Square for Restaurants app, the service charge would be listed as a separate item. You can select all items to refund both the item price and the service charge.

Image from iOS.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpg

If you're refunding from the Square Dashboard, the service charge won't appear as another line item. So in this case, you can change from Refund Items to Refund Amount and enter the full amount in order to refund both the item price and the service charge.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 10.27.49.png

I hope this will help!

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Andrea5, welcome to the Seller Community!

I did a test transaction on my account to check this and you should be able to refund the service charge as well. How you refund service charges can depend on where you're issuing the refund from.

If you're refunding from the Square Point of Sale app or the Square for Restaurants app, the service charge would be listed as a separate item. You can select all items to refund both the item price and the service charge.

Image from iOS.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpg

If you're refunding from the Square Dashboard, the service charge won't appear as another line item. So in this case, you can change from Refund Items to Refund Amount and enter the full amount in order to refund both the item price and the service charge.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 10.27.49.png

I hope this will help!

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2