x
Beta Member

Import on Dashboard - Vendor Code does not import

Not sure where to post this, it's in the Square Dashboard.

When importing items (or updating items through import) I can select and map the default vendor code and it shows the values in the pre-import dialog, however upon importing, these values don't actually ever get populated.

Wouldn't be too bad if it was only a few items, but I have over 600+ to add this value to..

Any thoughts or ideas to get this in, or get it to someone who can address it?

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TheEmbZoo, I am sorry you are having issues with vendor codes importing. I want to make sure this gets resolved, so you don't have to do any unnecessary extra work. To confirm is this occurring when you update or replace the item library? How long has this issue been occurring? Can I get some examples of the items and your CSV file we can take a look into this? I will keep an eye our for you reply. 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

For sure,

I haven't tried doing a full catalog import as I don't want to potentially lose the vendor codes that I do have in place already, so it's only been update imports at the moment.

The import finishes 100% with no issues detected, it just doesn't update that field for whatever reason.

Just linking to a .xlsx file on my google drive for you, not sure how else to get you the info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TOsL3POmMq0rzQNCp-wR000uI-nazKwz/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10336... 

Nothing important in there, just the items we're looking to update on our square.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the follow-up and the file @TheEmbZoo. I have shared your file with our Advanced Support Team, so they can take a closer look and point us in the right direction.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hello @TheEmbZoo, I appreciate your patience. I did escalate this issue and our support team is asking you contact them, so they can file a ticket. You can reach them at 1-855-700-6000 or squ.re/contactsqsupport. For account security we cannot file tickets here in community. I hope this helps, if you need anything else let us know. 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Ok, thanks so much, will do that 🙂

Message 6 of 6