x

Inventory Stock not updating quantities when received through a Purchase Order

Hi,

We have been noticing that we were having stock inaccuracies and couldn't work out why. Today we noticed that a purchase order that had stock marked as received was not updating the quantity of the item, even though tracking is on.

As anyone else noticed a similar issue?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi Ron, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂 

Sorry to hear you're running into this. In this case, the first thing we can check is that all of the items you are receiving in have a unit cost associated with them, if it's missing it can cause reporting issues

To identify missing unit costs:

Go to Items from your online Square Dashboard.

Click Inventory Management > History.

On the All Costs drop-down menu, select Missing Cost.

The Missing Cost filter will display a list of items that are not associated with a unit cost.

To add a unit cost:

Tap Add Cost next to one of your items.

Enter the unit cost > tap Save.

Once you've confirmed everything has a unit cost associated if you are still noticing a discrepancy please let me know and we can take another look. @MeepleWorld,

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for your reply. 

All items had prices. The issue is the items were accepted on the purchase order (with cost prices and selling price associated) and the quantity of stock is then not increasing for the item. This is not for all items listed on the purchase order, just some, and they're doesn't seem to be a pattern on which ones did increaseand which haven't.

Thanks,

Ron

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for confirming @MeepleWorld, in this case, I'd suggest contacting our Customer Support team directly if you haven't done so already. It sounds like they'll need to take a look at your account with your and some of the items and the reports, we don't have access to that here in the Community. 

Hopefully, we will be able to get this resolved for you ASAP. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

@MeepleWorld did you get this resolved?

Message 5 of 5